We’ve Increased Our Prices, and Here’s Why
My name is Justin Chalfant, and I’m the founder here at Patch My PC. I want to share some changes to our pricing model, and more importantly, why we are making these changes. Since founded in 2013, this will be our first per-device subscription increase ever.
Starting in March 2020, the following pricing changes are applicable:
- Enterprise Plus = $3.50 per device annually | Increase of $.50 per device annually
- The minimum starting price for the following subscriptions have changed:
- Basic = $999 annually | Increased by $499 annually
- Enterprise = $1,499 annually | Increased by $499 annually
- Enterprise Plus = $2,499 annually | Increased by $999 annually
Why Is the Enterprise Plus Subscription Increasing?
Here are a few factors in this decision:
- We’ve added 45 new products in the last 15 months
- Improved to create Configuration Manager applications instead of packages
- Shipped over 75 new features
- Microsoft Intune Win32 application management
Why Is Our Yearly Minimum Starting Price Increasing?
We’ve updated the minimum starting price of all subscriptions. We feel our updated starting prices are appropriate due to the time savings and security benefits that are applicable to any size environment.
On average, our customers have 92 products enabled for software update publishing from a list of over 300 and each of these products has approximately six updates per year. We recently ran a poll on Twitter and it takes about 4.5 hours to package an application manually.
How long would manually packaging a #ConfigMgr application with the following configurations take?
✅Discover new version
✅Create detection method >= version
✅Metadata, icons, keywords, etc.
— Patch My PC (@PatchMyPC) February 3, 2020
The upfront time savings for the initial creation of 86 products would be approximately 414 hours saved (4.5 * 92).
In the event your company is security conscious and packaged the six updates released per-year for the 86 products, your time savings would be 2,484 hours (414 * 6).
I’m an Existing Customer, What About my Renewal?
If you are an existing customer where the new starting price would impact your planned budget for the year, please contact us directly and we’ll happily work with you.