Patch My PC Home Updater Overview
Our Home Updater is a free, easy-to-use program that keeps over 300 applications up-to-date on your computer. It is an easy way to update or install a large list of programs on to your computer.
A key component of staying safe online is keeping your computer up-to-date. Hackers love targetting outdated software. Outdated software often contains security vulnerabilities, bugs, and other issues that are often resolved in the latest version. These are some of the reasons why it’s essential to keep the apps updated (or “patched”).
When you open Patch My PC Updater, it will scan your system for outdated programs.
- Outdated programs will be shown in – Red
- Updated programs will be shown in – Green
- Not-installed programs will be shown in – Black
Whether you are a computer novice, semi-tech savvy, the go-to tech person for your family and friends, or an IT professional, Patch My PC’s Home Updater will make patching your PC easy.
Patch My PC Home Updater Download
Click the button below to download the latest version.
Here’s How It Works
Patch My PC Home Updater Features
- Updates over 300 common apps check ✔ including portable apps
- Ability to cache updates for use on multiple machines
- No bloatware during installations
- Applications install/update silently by default no install wizard needed
- Optionally, disable silent install to perform a manual custom install
- Easy to use user interface
- Installs 64-bit apps by default on 64-bit windows
- Optionally choose to install 32-bit apps on 64-bit Windows
- Change updated and outdated apps color for color blindness
- Option to automatically kill programs before updating it
- Portable and only about 1.5MB
- Create a baseline of applications if installing on new PC’s
- Quickly uninstall multiple programs
- Scan time is usually less than 1 second
- Set updates to happen on a schedule
- Skip updates for any application you don’t want to update
- Suppresses restarts when performing application updates
IT Pro Options
If your a PC user only using a few computers, the guide below will show you the basic’s of using our software. 👇
If you’re an IT Pro using our software on multiple computers often, please review the more technical guide below showing advanced options. 👇
Have a question about our free home updater? Here you will find common questions we get about our Home Updater. If you don’t find what you need, you can always get in contact with our team using our support forum.
What Are The System Requirements?
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Internet access
- For Windows XP, you can download a legacy support version that uses Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 here: https://patchmypc.com/freeupdater/PatchMyPCLegacySupport.exe
- Note: The legacy version doesn’t receive updates for newer versions of Patch My PC.
Uninstalling Patch My PC Updater
Patch My PC Updater is a portable application meaning that it doesn’t install on your PC. To uninstall Patch My PC, simply delete PatchMyPC.exe.
Can I Export The Setting From The Options Menu?
Yes, you can use the “Export Settings To PatchMyPC.ini button in the options menu to export the current settings. This will download and configure a file named PatchMyPC.ini in the same folder as PatchMyPC.exe. If the PatchMyPC.ini file is in the same folder as PatchMyPC.exe, the settings will be configured on a new PC.
Adding Apps As Auto-Install?
Yes, you can right-click any application and choose the option “Disable auto updating of this app”. This setting will make it so Patch My PC doesn’t auto check that application for updating.
Disabling Auto Updating Of An App?
Yes, in the option panel, you can check any application you want to always skip in the “Don’t Update These Apps:” section.
Can Patch My PC Updater Automatically Update Software On A Schedule?
Yes, Patch My PC Updater can be set to run on a schedule and update any outdated applications. Simply go to the Schedule tab and select how often and the options you would like to use.
Does Patch My PC Updater Only Install Outdated Software?
No, you can actually use Patch My PC Updater to install applications even if they aren’t currently install and outdated. Simply check the check box to the left of the application name to install any application even if it’s not currently installed.
How Do I Update Patch My PC Updater To The Latest Version?
What Command Line Options Are Available?
- /s (Will run any needed updates automatically with no graphical interface)
- /auto (Will run any needed updates automatically with a graphical interface)
What Do The Colors Mean?
- Green – means the application is installed and up to date
- Red – means the application is installed but outdated
- Black – means the application is not currently installed