Update Downloads Fail – Error: The cloud file provider exited unexpectedly. Error 0X87D20417 or 0x80070194
When attempting to download a published third-party software update, you receive the following error:
Failed to download content id <IDNumber>. Error: The cloud file provider exited unexpectedly.
In PatchDownloader.log, you will also see the following error in the log.
HttpSendRequest failed HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80070194
Error 0x80070194 translates to “The cloud file provider exited unexpectedly.“
Why does Error 0x80070194 Happen?
This error occurs when the published update content does not exist in the WSUSContent folder, therefore, the update is unable to be downloaded from IIS on the WSUS server to the deployment package in SCCM.
There are a variety of reason the update (.CAB) file for the published update(s) may not exist in the WSUSContent folder including:
- Custom cleanup scripts removing content from the WSUSContent directory
- The WSUSContent folder is configured incorrectly in IIS
- The WSUSContent folder is pointing to a UNC network share and the appropriate configurations and permissions weren’t configured
SQL Query to determine if any Deployment Packages are referencing the WSUS content directories:
PackageId, Name, PkgSourcePath
Where PkgSourcePath like ‘%UpdateServicesPackages%’ or PkgSourcePath like ‘%WsusContent%’
If you are using multiple software update points in a Shared WSUS
Resolution to Error 0x80070194
Please review and video guide below to understand possible causes and resolutions for the errors listed below.
- ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80070194
- HttpSendRequest failed HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND