We offer a Basic subscription for those that want to publish third party software updates from Microsoft’s System Center Updates Publisher using our catalogue into their Configuration Manager environment.
Topics covered in this article:
Overview of the Basic Subscription
The Basic subscription is for integration with Microsoft’s System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP) and Configuration Manager.
By publishing third party updates from SCUP into Configuration Manager, you will be able to deploy third party software updates.
Our Basic subscription is our most cost-effectice offering however you will be sacrificing many features, customisation options, and automation opportunities compared to other subscriptions types which levarege our Publisher.
Below is a table of our current subscription types and comparing them with the Basic subscription.
|Subscription||Basic||Enterprise||Intune Essentials||Enterprise Plus|
|Price||$1 Device/YR||$2 Device/YR||$3.25 Device/YR||$3.5 Device/YR|
Auto-sync the third-party catalog
Customizable synchronization schedule
Disable product(s) self-update feature
Auto-delete public desktop shortcuts
Add a custom pre-installation custom scripts
Add a custom post-installation scripts
Add custom command lines parameters
Standard installation logging
Microsoft Intune Win32 applications
Microsoft Intune Third-Party Patching
Automatically create ConfigMgr applications
Automatically update ConfigMgr applications
Publish third-party updates to WSUS/ConfigMgr
Auto-deploy updates using ADRs
Manage Dynamic Assignments for Intune
Set Filters for Intune Assignments
|Minimum Starting Price||$999/Year||$1,499/Year||$1,999/Year||$2,499/Year|
|Get a Quote||Get a Quote||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
Requirements and Limitations
- In order to leverage our third party updates catalogue, you will need to have Microsoft’s System Center Updates Publisher and Configuration Manager installed.
- The Basic subscription does not provide automated publishing of third party software updates or applications.
- SCUP’s configuration lives per-user in AppData.
- SCUP can not create Applications in Configuration Manager, only software updates.
- The Basic subscription can not create third party apps or updates in Intune.
- You will have to manually maintain expired updates in your environment.
- You can not customise updates using SCUP.
Installation for Basic Subscription
For guidance on how to install, configure, and publish with SCUP in your environment, please refer to our documentation.