• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

ESP Slow, Update Application cause time extend

Started by mguenth83, May 29, 2024, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mguenth83

Hi,
currently we have deployed round about 55 Applications in PatchMyPc and this cause that Application Updates will increase the Time.
Documents from MS recommending to use Filters so we Pushed the Freeware as Available to every Computer also the Intune Updates Apps.
MS said Filters are faster than Groups to we used them.
We record the time with 20 Applications and the ESP was done in 30 min, now we have 55 Applications and now its 45 min longer as before.
Is there an recommendation do get this fast again?

Liviu (Patch My PC)

hey mguenth83,

We recommend configuring "blocking apps" in your Enrollment Status Page. You can find more details here.

Please ensure that you deploy any software you specify as "blocking app" as Required to the same Autopilot device as well.

By doing, only the apps you select will be evaluated during the enrollment of the device. The rest of the apps will be evaluated by Intune after the device is enrolled.

mguenth83

Hi Liviu,
thanks for the fast reply but makes no sense for me because i dont want Install the free software on the Computer.
The Intune Application are configure as Available and the Intune Application Updates marked as Required so the flow is in ESP.
Check if the Application is avaiable > check if the Intune App Update is needed
The Check of the Updates takes too long, so we need another solution.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

hey mguenth83,

During Autopilot, Intune will evaluate all win32 apps that are deployed as Required to all your devices.
In your case, I assume all Intune Updates you package through the PMPC Publisher are deployed as required to all your devices.
This will slow Autopilot down, because the more Intune Updates you deployed through PMPC, the longer it will take Intune to evaluate all of them during the enrollment of the device.
The Intune Updates are win32 apps as well, so Intune thinks it needs to evaluate them as well during Autopilot.

Having Intune Updates being evaluated during Autopilot is not necessary, as they won't apply anyway.

The best option to go here is to have one app, maybe Company Portal or anything else, deployed as Required to All Devices and then marked as a "blocking app" in your Enrollment Status Page.
Intune will then evaluate that win32 app only.

mguenth83

Ah okay i know what you meaning if i added the application in blocked apps Intune will only evaluate the blocked apps an ignore the other Win32 apps that is assigned as required.
Is that correct?

Liviu (Patch My PC)

that is correct.

In addition to adding the app under "blocked apps", please make sure to deploy the software as required to the same group the Enrollment Status Page profile is deployed to.

Then Intune will only evaluate that single app during Autopilot.

mguenth83

Hi,
thanks for the Tip i have now configured that all Apps will be installed during the ESP (not the Updates) and i decrease the time from 45 min to 20 min :-)

I wish you a nice Weekend :-)
Greetz
Matthias

Liviu (Patch My PC)

This is great news, Matthias! I'm happy this works fine for you now!