• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Intune App won't install if using ServiceUI.exe and a user is not logged in

Started by swoonhusker, October 01, 2024, 08:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoonhusker

We have been using PSADT to install Kofax Power PDF Advanced with an Intune Win32 app and it allows us to prompt the user to close applications. We have to use ServiceUI.exe so that the user can see the prompt.

The issue is that if a user is not logged into the computer, then the application will not update.

I found this article as a possible solution but it is 5 years old- https://svdbusse.github.io/SemiAnnualChat/2019/09/14/User-Interactive-Win32-Intune-App-Deployment-with-PSAppDeployToolkit.html

I am wondering if I should go this route (which runs a PowerShell script to see if the user is logged in or not and then tells PSADT to run in non-interactive mode if a user is not logged in) or if PMPC or others have a better suggestion that we should be using instead?

In the past I've asked about utilizing the PMPC notification window for installs and was told to use PSADT instead. The install also has lots of files so I don't think PMPC custom apps is an option either.

Melissa (Patch My PC)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! If you are using the Publisher, you should be able to use your PSADT for Kofax Power PDF Advanced and create a Custom Application. PSADT will include multiple files, so you will have to use the Publisher to add them after creating the Custom Application. If you are Cloud Only and not using the Publisher, there currently isn't an option to add additional files to a Custom App. You can then use our Manage Conflicting Processes option to handle prompting to close the application. In case you want to go with this option, here is the steps to setup a Custom App leveraging PSADT:

Let us know if that works for you & if you have any additional questions!  :)