• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Thunderbird 115.12.1

Started by jwaern, June 23, 2024, 03:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwaern

The June update of Thunderbird installed an unsupported version of the program. The official version is 115.12.1 but the installed version is 127, which is an unsupported beta. I looked for help on the Mozilla support website and found this warning message

Omar (Patch My PC)

We never added Thunderbird 127! The one in the updater is 115.12.1.

jwaern

Yeah, I also see that the updater says 115.12.1. It also says that my Thunderbird version is 115.12.1 even though it's 127. I can also add that I'm not the only one experiencing this and the advice in the Mozilla forums is to exclude Thunderbird from Patch My PC Updater and install it via thunderbird.net. 
I'm not saying that the fault is the updater but it could be worth looking into as there are several people experiencing this problem.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Nothing is wrong with Thunderbird in the home updater, we are using the offically download URL
http://download-installer-origin.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/thunderbird/releases/115.12.2/win64/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%20115.12.2.exe
(It's updated to 115.12.2 now)
 Whoever has v127 then they installed it themselves intentionally or not intentionally.

jwaern

Quote from: Omar (Patch My PC) on June 23, 2024, 06:21:53 AMNothing is wrong with Thunderbird in the home updater, we are using the offically download URL
http://download-installer-origin.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/thunderbird/releases/115.12.2/win64/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%20115.12.2.exe
(It's updated to 115.12.2 now)
 Whoever has v127 then they installed it themselves intentionally or not intentionally.
??? I installed Thunderbird a long time ago and I only update it via Patch My PC or Thunderbird itself. Fine if the updater software isn't to blame, but please don't blame the users trying to find a solution. 

Omar (Patch My PC)

Of course! But this is not by us, and we never even heard of Thunderbird 127!