• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

VMware Workstation Player hasn't been updated

Started by storm-warning, May 23, 2024, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storm-warning

Both VMware Workstation Player & Pro v17.5.2 were released last week however the Publisher is only showing Pro as having 17.5.2 available to update. Player is still at 17.5.1.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Player/17.5.2/rn/vmware-workstation-1752-player-release-notes/index.html

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for contacting support.  Please use the Local Content Repository for Licensed Applications that Require Manual Download - Patch My PC for this product going forward. We have included this product under our local content requirements

storm-warning

I'm using this method but it isn't working as PMP hasn't been updated to match the newest version. See attached screenshot.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hello and update here, since Broadcom has become the new owner, they have revamped their site. We are working on finding new public accessible links for our downloads. We thank you for your patience here as we work through this.

storm-warning

Thanks for the update. The only working link I could find to download it was via the below:

https://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/player/

storm-warning

Any update on this? The link provided contains the installer needed for this to be updated.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Quote from: storm-warning on June 03, 2024, 08:14:08 AMAny update on this? The link provided contains the installer needed for this to be updated.

Hey storm-warning,

The VMWare products have been switched to require a manual download.
Local Content Repository for Applications that Require Manual Download

Despite the software being publicly available for download, the vendor now provides the installers in a compressed format.
The PMPC Publisher does not yet have the ability to uncompress the files.

To get the software successfully published, you will have to manually download the installer, extract it from the archive and place the installer in the local repository folder declared on the Advanced tab.

MS

Hi Liviu,

unfortunately this doesn't help as your catalog is still referencing the old version for VMware Workstation Player 17 17.5.1 (VMware-player-full-17.5.1-23298084.exe).

Can you please include the latest update in your catalog to allow publishing via local content repository?

vmwp1752.jpg

storm-warning

As the user above mentioned, this post is regarding the fact that the Publisher is still referencing an old version. The latest version came out several weeks ago for both Player and Workstation but for some reason you guys only updated the catalog for Workstation.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

I'm hoping we'll have a Player update this week. We are having to purchase a license for workstation to get access to the full download, as the only option we've found without purchasing a license is a stripped-down MSI, not the full installer.

Kyle (Patch My PC)

Hello again,

Update from our end. We have finally secured a solution to have the new version of this installer type in the catalog. This new version has now been added to the catalog and should be ready to go.

MS

Hello Kyle,

thanks for the update.
Publishing of first install and update of VMware Player is working again.

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hey MS,

That's wonderful new and thanks for the update. We'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. However, if you need anything else don't hesitate to reach back out!