• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patch My PC suggests wrong updates

Started by jvidal, November 17, 2023, 07:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvidal

Hi!

New user here and I would like to report a few bugs I've found:

1. Xnview MP. I have XnView MP installed and PMPC is confusing it with Xnview. Xnview and Xnview MP are two different programs. I have Xnview MP v1.6.1 and PMPC wants me tu "update" to XNview 2.51.5. oranges and apples...Plus Xnview is LESS ADVANCED than XnView MP.

2. Wise registry cleaner.I have WRC 11.1.1.716 and PmPC wants to me "update" to v.11.1.1, basically the same version I already have.

3. Winamp Language Packs v1.7. PmPC lists them In red (though it is the latest version available) and it doesn't offer a new version to install...s/thing wrong there.

I hope you guys can fix this issues.

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Jvidal,

Apologies for the late response.

Can you please confirm if you are still facing the same issue?

Please feel free to reach out and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Raunak

jvidal

Yes, I'm still facing this issues, the three of them.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Hi there,
All these issues will actually be fixed in the next major update of Patch My PC which will be released soon, sorry about this :) 

jvidal

thanks! that's good to know!
On the other hand, there a ton of progs that are not detected by PmyP. I hope you can add more programs in the near future.

bye!

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are also adding a couple of hundred new software in the new home updater in addition to what already exists :) 

jvidal

another bug, Patch my pc wants me to install MediaInfo 24.01.1, which is the same version I already have...

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: jvidal on February 01, 2024, 06:41:09 PManother bug, Patch my pc wants me to install MediaInfo 24.01.1, which is the same version I already have...

This is fixed now, thank you!

latimers

PMPC wants to update Teamviewer 15.47.3 and paint.net 5.0.7 when in both cases I already have versions much later than those.