• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

SCCM Content size

Started by brkmrtn, December 19, 2019, 10:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkmrtn

I was asked today about why the content libs are growing so rapidly after adding third party updates and am a little stumped. Ive searched around and havent found much in regards to this so thought id ask if there is a way to clean old updates or if there is potentially some other issue that needs looking at.

Thanks

Jacques Guillory

Can you provide more details? Which content library are you referring to? WSUS or SCCM?

brkmrtn

This question was posed to me by someone who uses patchmypc and is looking for advice so at the moment I dont have more details. As far as I know theyre saying that since adding third party updates the content size is rapidly growing so im assuming that unlike wsus content being remove the patchmypc data is hanging around.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: brkmrtn on December 19, 2019, 11:04:32 AM
I dont have more details. As far as I know theyre saying that since adding third party updates the content size is rapidly growing so im assuming that unlike wsus content being remove the patchmypc data is hanging around.

We need more details about what folders you think are too large, we are just essentially going to stage the content you enable for publishing. You can perform the WSUS cleanup wizard to help save space in the WSUSContent folder if that is the folder you think is to large.

houndreunion

Thank you. That fixed the problem.