• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Applications published to SCCM are not showing

Started by nwcjcd, December 18, 2018, 02:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwcjcd

Hello,

I am seeing an issue with both VLC 3.0.4 and Oracle Java 8 Update 191 not showing in SCCM. I have published the full content to SCCM but the applications are not showing and cannot be found. I have not seen an issue publishing Java or VLC to SCCM previously. Attempting to publish VLC or Java again result in SCUP advising that the updates have already been published.

See the attached log file for trying to re-publish the Java version 8 update 191 to SCCM. Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Is the Patch My PC vendor enabled on your software update point products? Have you run sync of your software update point since publishing and verify the sync completed in wsyncmgr.log?

I don't see anywhere in the SCUP log that VLC was published but it doesn't go back that far.

nwcjcd

Patch My Pc as a vendor was not enabled. Once enabled the affected patches did show in SCCM. We did not see this behavior with the 3.0.3 update to VLC and the 181 update to Java. Was there a change made recently that caused the vendor information to switch, and if so was a notification sent out?

Thank you

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We recently switched to a single vendor and product for simplicity and WSUS compatibility more details here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqttlu-kkMs