• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

I use Skype (Microsoft Store version), as well as another app called Skyperious. From what I can tell, Skyperious's existence is messing up the detection for Skype.

The left panel of Patch My PC behaves as if my Skype is out of date (when it is not), and the right panel acts like it is able to update Skyperious (when it cannot).

skyper.png

This cannot be resolved by simply adding Skype to the disabled list. If Skype is disabled from scanning, it will disable correctly for the current session, but when Patch My PC is closed and re-launched it will begin to scan it again. Disabling scanning works correctly for other tested apps, seeming to only break in the case of Skype.

Of course, it is not possible to add Skyperious to the disabled scanning list, as it is not a supported app.

For a laugh, I tried adding a new fake app to my registry named AutoHotkeyerious, and a similar issue occurred. The right panel told me that I could update AutoHotkeyerious. (However, the left panel did not tell me AutoHotkey was out of date.)

Let me know if you need any further information.
Hey Josh, looks like we missed this! :( So thank you for the heads up! We just added it now to the catalog :) 
The PMPC publisher still creates Scribe with this version: https://colony-labs-public.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/Scribe_3.3.5.msi

But Scribe is currently on: https://colony-labs-public.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/Scribe_4.10.5.msi

Will updates continue for Scribe?
If it's still on the list, I vote for the Avira updater to be added.
Also, maybe Intel updater... not sure if all the mini-apps are on the free list to consider.
Thanks!
It seems Intel has a lot of tiny code applications.
Any plans on adding the Intel apps into PatchMyPC ?
So far the other updating that I needed to do has been successful.
Thanks for this!   ;D

ColdenHearten
Thanks for the response! Looking forward to seeing more fully automated apps being supported in PMPC soon.
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! If you are using the Publisher, you should be able to use your PSADT for Kofax Power PDF Advanced and create a Custom Application. PSADT will include multiple files, so you will have to use the Publisher to add them after creating the Custom Application. If you are Cloud Only and not using the Publisher, there currently isn't an option to add additional files to a Custom App. You can then use our Manage Conflicting Processes option to handle prompting to close the application. In case you want to go with this option, here is the steps to setup a Custom App leveraging PSADT:

Let us know if that works for you & if you have any additional questions!  :)
When I click on the 'x' in the upper right corner to exit PatchMyPC on my new ARM64 Surface Laptop, it displays an error.  See attached.  The application works well up to that point.  And when I click on 'Quit' in the error message, the application terminates successfully after a few seconds.

How can I fix this error?

Thanks,

Bryan Cerutti
Hello,

This is helpful, however since it is downloading a zip, still can't fully automate it yet. The good news is, we are adding zip support in the publisher. I am hoping we'll be able to remove the manual download requirement by the end of the year (probably after the November Publisher release).
I reached out to the owner of Squadra Technologies and requested a permanent download URL for secRMM, as this is a manual download in Patch My PC and is hidden behind a registration portal. He agreed to create a URL, and for it to be used in the Patch My PC catalog, to allow for automatic downloads.

The URL is https://squadratechnologies.com/Products/secRMM/secRMMDownloadAutomatic.aspx

He's setup a variable for the desired platform too (x64, x86 or x64IntuneWin). So, for example, you can go directly to https://squadratechnologies.com/Products/secRMM/secRMMDownloadAutomatic.aspx?platform=x64 to download the product.

Is it possible for this to be added to the catalog to save people time getting it manually?