• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Quote from: JustAnotherUser on May 02, 2024, 12:32:15 PMNo. It won't. Not yet, anyway. You need to build an app that searches for the machine wide installer, uninstalls it, then clears out the app folders for all users %appdata%/local/microsoft/teams, then installs new teams. I know you said that you have mostly user installs, the easy way to nuke them is just nuking those folders. I can share some code if you'd like, I used PSADT.

Note that you will need to coincide this with changing your enterprise tenant default to new teams.

You CAN coexist them and then change default and then remove as well, just know that once the new flavor is there all the old flavors will stop updating and sit there vulnerable forever---well, assuming you change your default.

Hello, I'd be interested in seeing that code if you're still willing to share. Thanks
There is an ongoing issue with Adobe's CDN where the following URL downloads a different file in some parts of the world:

https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2400220759/AcrobatDCx64Upd2400220759.msp

Analyzing the files downloaded in the US compared with the UK seems to suggest both files are identical, however, the non-US .msp file has an invalid digital signature.

They're both signed with the same code signing certificate by Adobe, so we don't believe there is cause for concern and it is likely a mistake in Adobe's release pipeline. It's unclear why the digital signature is invalid in the non-US file, however, in any case the SHA256 value is different between the two files.

As part of our security validation process built into the Patch My PC Publisher, all packages published must pass hash validation before publishing the package into your environment/tenant. As Adobe's CDN is distributing a different file globally, some customers may experience a failure publishing the product "Adobe Acrobat DC Continuous (x64)" with the below error in PatchMyPC.log, or email or webhook alerts:

QuoteThe hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details:Hash from catalog [qQ6Ki1uw6vUAK6JNlZb3y30QrA0=] doesn't match downloaded update hash of [o7ffhYWlMXvpYoPklinPQbYLiMk=]

We have notified Adobe of the issue in a support thread on their forum a few releases back (it was related to a previous release, but they have the same issue again and again): Invalid digital signature on AcrobatDCx64Upd230082... - Adobe Community - 14457702 - kindly upvote, comment, or if you have the means to, escalate this thread to an Adobe contact.

In the meantime, you can work around this by downloading the correct AcrobatDCx64Upd2400220759.msp (with the valid digital signature) using the below link hosted on our OneDrive and publishing it using your local content repository. Please make sure you have the option enabled to "Check the local content repository for content files before attempting to download content files from the Internet."

https://patchmypc-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/liviu/EdJTVoLPnT9Piy82OYmpIekBDL0j4QPprZURw_RS2FCVrA?e=baQxpc
Hey Paul,

Quotesomebody just reminded me that Broadcom have bought Vmware and pretty much demolished all things vmware in the transition, so there is likely a broken link involved there somewhere.

This is exactly the reason why.
None of the download links work anymore.
We are monitoring the situation, and as soon as the vendor fixes them, we'll update our catalog.

We are at the vendor's mercy for now, unfortunately.
Thank you for your response. I have opened a support ticket. :)
somebody just reminded me that Broadcom have bought Vmware and pretty much demolished all things vmware in the transition, so there is likely a broken link involved there somewhere. 
Hi, first my questions - Where do I find documentation on "known Errors" and how do I resolve the 522 error?

Our daily emails have this error (shown in Screenshot "Error 522.jpg") and I'm not sure why.
Error 522, but the link indicated doesn't include any information about this error. 

The "code" below appears to be the relevant part of the patchmypc.log file, indicating to me that there is no issue with "VMware Workstation Pro 17 17.5.1 (EXE-x64) " unless it is maybe a minor version change within 17.5.1. 
I have verified that the files exist.  Shown in "VmwareWorkstation files.jpg" Screenshot. 

15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM Processing Installable Application: 24/101. (VMware Workstation Pro 17 17.5.1 (EXE-x64)) 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM The application [VMware Workstation Pro 17 17.5.1 (EXE-x64)] meets the criteria for enabled products based on the search pattern [Include: VMware Workstation Pro 17 % (EXE-x64)] 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM Resolving content paths for VMware, Inc.:VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64) 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM Identified latest release of VMware, Inc.:VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64) at the expected path of [\\corp\cm\Updates\PatchMyPC\Applications\VMware, Inc_\VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64)\c96dd81f-3821-4c13-bb2e-1bd8ed6e64d0] 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM Finished resolving content paths for VMware, Inc.:VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64). A total of 1 related content directories were found. 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM Found source content for [VMware Workstation Pro 17 17.5.1 (EXE-x64)] [\\corp\cm\Updates\PatchMyPC\Applications\VMware, Inc_\VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64)\c96dd81f-3821-4c13-bb2e-1bd8ed6e64d0] - checking if ConfigMgr application exists 8 (0x0008)
15/05/2024 9:55:22 PM The application: [VMware Workstation Pro 17 17.5.1 (EXE-x64)] is already created with source folder [\\corp\cm\Updates\PatchMyPC\Applications\VMware, Inc_\VMware Workstation Pro 17 (EXE-x64)\c96dd81f-3821-4c13-bb2e-1bd8ed6e64d0] 8 (0x0008)

Hello,

I think we might need to see installation logs here. It sounds like there might be another installation that is downgrading the app after Patch My PC successfully upgrades it.

Can you please open a support request at: https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

With the Logs indicated under "Intune Applications/Updates Failing to Install on Client Devices" from here: https://patchmypc.com/collecting-log-files-for-patch-my-pc-support#application-troubleshooting-client-logs-intune in a zip file?

Thanks!
Hello, I am currently testing the Patch My PC solution for my company and so far everything is going well.

Except for the ShareX application, which just released an update to version 16.1.0. I deployed the update on my computers and it installs correctly via Intune. However, after a while, the application reverts to its previous version, 16.0.1, which puts me in an update loop.

The problem does not occur when I update through the ShareX application directly.

Any idea ?
Thanks
Hi JC-WH,

Yes, those are the steps I'd start with.
You already have all the groundwork for getting the PMPC updates into ConfigMgr.
It would just be a matter of modifying your ADRs to account for Title = Adobe and Vendor = "Patch My PC"

Let us know how things go.
Hi.  We've published Adobe Reader/Acrobat manually via Adobe's catalogs and SCUP for years, before we ever had PatchMyPC.  Since PatchMyPC can handle Adobe's products, and now that SCUP is deprecated, we'd like to switch to using PMPC for the Adobe stuff just like we do for all our other third party patching.

What's the best/smoothest way to accomplish this?

My idea here was do do the following, but I'm not sure if I'm overthinking it or missing anything:
1. Expire and republish the last stuff that's still current in SCUP.
2. Sync the Config Manager update point and make sure those updates are showing as expired
3. Add the appropriate Adobe items in the PMPC Publisher settings
4. Modify our ADRs as needed
5. Check in SCCM first thing in the morning, to make sure everything automated overnight as expected
6. Address any issues

Sound good?