• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Disable Bundled Software

Started by maravia, October 16, 2015, 10:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maravia

A feature should be added to allow a user to specify whether or not to decline bundled software. I have UnChecky installed and running, however tonight's update of AnyVideoConverter added additional software to my machine anyways. While the software 'SpyHunter' appears harmless, the fact I had an application snuck onto my machine that required it to be rebooted after removal [modified system files] is extremely aggravating.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We certainly agree on this! We detected their installer is adding this a few days ago. We are going to release on update soon that will remove AnyVideoConverter from our list of applications!

Quote from: maravia on October 16, 2015, 10:51:04 PM
A feature should be added to allow a user to specify whether or not to decline bundled software. I have UnChecky installed and running, however tonight's update of AnyVideoConverter added additional software to my machine anyways. While the software 'SpyHunter' appears harmless, the fact I had an application snuck onto my machine that required it to be rebooted after removal [modified system files] is extremely aggravating.