• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Microsoft Edge updates always show as Not Applicable in Intune

Started by Nervous-Equivalent, August 23, 2024, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nervous-Equivalent

Hello,

All of our Intune-managed workstations have Edge installed, but the updates to Edge always show as Not Applicable. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out here!

The vanilla version Edge (Included with windows) is missing registry values that Patch My PC uses to determine the architecture and branch of the Edge install. The best workaround here would be deploying the Edge application to devices. Once the MSI is installed once, then updates should become applicable.

This is also mentioned on our Known Issues page for reference:
https://patchmypc.com/known-issues-and-considerations-when-using-patch-my-pc#:~:text=true%20is%20included.-,Microsoft%20Edge,-Microsoft%20Edge%20updates

Nervous-Equivalent

Ah, ok thank you very much for the quick response. Just tested installing the Patch My PC created Microsoft Edge application on a couple of the machines and it looks like it doesn't even need to close Edge to complete installation. Hopefully users will not even notice.

Spencer (Patch My PC)

They shouldn't notice the switch when deploying our package! The new version will install over top and will not affect user sessions. 😊