• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Multiple versions of Viber

Started by jbrugger, August 22, 2024, 06:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrugger

I have performed several updates to Viber, always using PatchMyPC. As it updates, older versions are shown as "needing update", but on my PC there is only one version (a single "viber.exe"). I think it is a software bug.

Omar (Patch My PC)

This means you still have all these older versions installed, even if you just have one Viber, the older versions are still registered and needs to be removed!
We will improve this is the next big update of the home updater, it will no longer detect the older versions installed, just the latest one.

jbrugger

Quote from: Omar (Patch My PC) on August 23, 2024, 02:49:35 AMThis means you still have all these older versions installed, even if you just have one Viber, the older versions are still registered and needs to be removed!
We will improve this is the next big update of the home updater, it will no longer detect the older versions installed, just the latest one.
Thanks Omar.
On my other PC I also have Viber installed, but it updates automatically (not ising PatchMyPC). I don't see there the multiple versions of Viber in PatchMyPC, which makes me think the problem has to do with the way PatchMyPC invokes the Viber installer.
In the "problematic" PC I just uninstalled from the control panel only the oldest version, and it uninstalled all of them.

Omar (Patch My PC)

That's an issue from the vendor unfortunately, in the next major update of Patch My PC this won't be a problem anymore :) It will only detect the latest version you have.