• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat DC Continuous Update 24.002.20759 | DigestFailed

Started by SiPhFi1974, May 15, 2024, 02:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiPhFi1974

The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details:Hash from catalog [KRhAv/Dp9Wo3TvlVVY3Ilwghl4s=] doesn't match downloaded update hash of [b92huSG9hPApxa0pvf1wfEXch9o=]

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

There is an ongoing issue with Adobe's CDN where the following URL downloads a different file in some parts of the world:

https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2400220759/AcrobatDCx64Upd2400220759.msp

Analyzing the files downloaded in the US compared with the UK seems to suggest both files are identical, however, the non-US .msp file has an invalid digital signature.

They're both signed with the same code signing certificate by Adobe, so we don't believe there is cause for concern and it is likely a mistake in Adobe's release pipeline. It's unclear why the digital signature is invalid in the non-US file, however, in any case the SHA256 value is different between the two files.

As part of our security validation process built into the Patch My PC Publisher, all packages published must pass hash validation before publishing the package into your environment/tenant. As Adobe's CDN is distributing a different file globally, some customers may experience a failure publishing the product "Adobe Acrobat DC Continuous (x64)" with the below error in PatchMyPC.log, or email or webhook alerts:

QuoteThe hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details:Hash from catalog [qQ6Ki1uw6vUAK6JNlZb3y30QrA0=] doesn't match downloaded update hash of [o7ffhYWlMXvpYoPklinPQbYLiMk=]

We have notified Adobe of the issue in a support thread on their forum a few releases back (it was related to a previous release, but they have the same issue again and again): Invalid digital signature on AcrobatDCx64Upd230082... - Adobe Community - 14457702 - kindly upvote, comment, or if you have the means to, escalate this thread to an Adobe contact.

In the meantime, you can work around this by downloading the correct AcrobatDCx64Upd2400220759.msp (with the valid digital signature) using the below link hosted on our OneDrive and publishing it using your local content repository. Please make sure you have the option enabled to "Check the local content repository for content files before attempting to download content files from the Internet."

https://patchmypc-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/liviu/EdJTVoLPnT9Piy82OYmpIekBDL0j4QPprZURw_RS2FCVrA?e=baQxpc

dmcd

When this happens again is there a way to pull the update down without you having to post a direct download link?

Thanks

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Quote from: dmcd on May 22, 2024, 03:18:00 AMWhen this happens again is there a way to pull the update down without you having to post a direct download link?

Thanks

It's unfortunate that Adobe persistently have CDN issues and it's tricky for us because then that creates bad experiences like this for our customers.

A way for us to efficiently solve this problem when vendors experience CDN issues is for us to re-host the binary on our web servers but this has legal and perhaps security implications, too.

I appreciate it is frustrating. We will continue to apply pressure on Adobe via their support channels each time this occurs. Hopefully someone from Adobe will soon realise a pattern and address these problems.