• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Update/Application Completion Notification

Started by CFreeman, March 06, 2024, 06:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFreeman

Is there a way currently to Show a popup or toast notification once update / app is completed if using manage conflicting process.  Basically users are told an update is installing but nothing tells them its done.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hey CFreeman,

Unfortunately, there is no such option. You would have to create your own custom script that does that and specify it in the "Add custom pre/post scripts" right-click option.

Please note that when ConfigMgr/Intune does the install of the app/update you deployed, it will do so as the SYSTEM account.
You will have to configure the script to display the prompt for the logged-on user while the install execution is done as SYSTEM. This is not easy to achieve, and it can be a security risk, depending on how it's achieved.

Kenn

I second this request. It would be a nice feature so that users know when they can open for instance Outlook again after an update for Adobe Reader has finished installing. As it is now they have to guess when they can open the application again. Since you can show the popup asking for accept to close the applications you should be able to make a popup after installation is done as well.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

One way of doing this would be to use the PowerShell Deployment Toolkit as a "Post Script" and have it display a notification for the logged-on user.

There is an idea for us to support this option natively, using the "Manage Conflicting Processes" right-click option.
Please upvote this idea. The more upvotes it receives, the better.

Kenn

Thanks. I have voted for the idea. Hope it will be implemented.