• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Intune App + Custom Requirements or Detection Script

Started by will.locke, August 21, 2023, 05:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will.locke

I posed my question over at Reddit while I was waiting to get the e-mail to reset my password here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PatchMyPC/comments/15xnhlo/intune_app_custom_requirements_or_detection_script/

Essentially, we have numerous security agents which can't be updated except by the self-updating mechanism.  In SCCM we target these at a collection using hardware inventory installed software to target devices "missing" the security agent.  But that isn't available in Intune.  Microsoft's recommended solution is to use a custom script for Requirements to filter out devices because that moves the processing load from the server to the client.  However, there is no option in PMPC to modify Requirements of an Intune App, so I'd have to manually edit the app PMPC creates each time.  A more detailed description is in the Reddit link above.

Oweig2000

Quote from: will.locke on August 21, 2023, 05:20:57 PMI posed my question over at Reddit while I was waiting to get the e-mail to reset my password here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PatchMyPC/comments/15xnhlo/intune_app_custom_requirements_or_detection_script/geometry dash online

Essentially, we have numerous security agents which can't be updated except by the self-updating mechanism.  In SCCM we target these at a collection using hardware inventory installed software to target devices "missing" the security agent.  But that isn't available in Intune.  Microsoft's recommended solution is to use a custom script for Requirements to filter out devices because that moves the processing load from the server to the client.  However, there is no option in PMPC to modify Requirements of an Intune App, so I'd have to manually edit the app PMPC creates each time.  A more detailed description is in the Reddit link above.
Any updates? :)

Hugo Marinho (Patch My PC)

Hi there!

It's possible to carry across Requirements from a old version to the latest one, you can enable this globally or at vendor/product level, for global you need to click on the button "Options" on the Intune Apps/Updates and check the box "Copy the requirements from previously created applications or updated when an updated application is created", for this setting to be applied at vendor/product level, you simply need to right-click the vendor/product you want to apply this change for, click on the option "Override Win32 application options" and then check the box "Copy the requirements from previously created applications or updated when an updated application is created".

Hope to have helped!