• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Transitioning from SCCM updates to Intune updates

Started by korebreach, August 10, 2023, 02:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korebreach

We currently have all four of the major functions of PMPC (SCCM updates, SCCM apps, Intune updates, Intune apps) active in our environment.  We have now completed the transition of SCCM patching to Intune patching (Windows Update for Business).  Because of this, we no longer need PMPC to provide SCCM with "updates", but may continue providing SCCM with "apps".  Certainly, we want to continue using PMPC for Intune apps and updates.

We're now thinking about the SCCM-integrated WSUS environment, and whether it needs to continue operation.  Since we won't have a need to publish updates into WSUS-->SCCM, can we safely shut down WSUS?  Does PMPC have any dependency on WSUS for the other three functions (SCCM apps, Intune updates, Intune apps)?

Pete (Patch My PC)

Quote from: korebreach on August 10, 2023, 02:50:59 PMWe're now thinking about the SCCM-integrated WSUS environment, and whether it needs to continue operation.  Since we won't have a need to publish updates into WSUS-->SCCM, can we safely shut down WSUS?  Does PMPC have any dependency on WSUS for the other three functions (SCCM apps, Intune updates, Intune apps)?

Hi Korebreach,

You can simply uncheck the Updates in the publisher and that will stop any new updates from going through.

korebreach

Thanks for the reply.  However, specifically we want to know if we can decommission our WSUS infrastructure while allowing the other 3 functions of Patch My PC to continue working.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

We do still rely on some WSUS components, specifically the API tools. Our catalog is based on a WSUS type catalog, so we use the API tools to ingest the catalog. You can safely remove WSUS, however, just keep the UpdateServices-API feature.

Hope this helps!