• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Dell Command Update 5.0 Issue

Started by mvaughan, August 10, 2023, 10:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvaughan

Hello,

On the update from Dell Command Update 4.9 to 5.0 we went from a success/failure ratio of 450/64 to 10/469 (near complete failure) and a couple different installation errors, such as 0x80070409 and 0x800700FF.  The errors themselves don't seem to have a lot of documentation on them either.  Also, there were no config changes made to Patch My PC either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hello and sorry for the delay!

Can you please collect the following log files from one of the failing clients and email them to [email protected]? Once we have the logs, we can investigate why the 5.0 update is failing.

When troubleshooting update installation errors on a client, we will need the following client logs:

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DeltaDownload*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler*.log
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log
You need to run Get-WindowsUpdateLog on Windows 8.1 and newer in PowerShell.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

mvaughan

Quote from: Spencer (Patch My PC) on August 10, 2023, 02:26:52 PMHello and sorry for the delay!

Can you please collect the following log files from one of the failing clients and email them to [email protected]? Once we have the logs, we can investigate why the 5.0 update is failing.

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't appear to have the %WinDir%\CCM directory.  I do have %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC and %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC-Intune directories along with the WindowsUpdateLog I generated though.  Would Intune generate a \CCM directory?

Thanks