• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Third-Party Software Update Catalogs - Trust Failed

Started by MrRobot13, June 08, 2023, 03:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRobot13

I recently upgraded from ConfigMgr 2111 to 2303. I didn't notice this error beforehand.

While viewing "Third-Party Software Update Catalogs" in ConfigMgr it shows the Patch My PC Catalog as "Trust Failed" under the "Last sync status" column.
Updates appear to still be getting published nightly though and PMP publishing service doesn't show any errors.

Just wanting to see if this should even be listed there anymore and if so how to correct it's status.

Thank you!

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

This likely occurred because we have 3 employees with physical code-signing keys. 2 of the keys were recently renewed, and were not included in the catalog for a short period of time. Because of this, if you synced when one of the new keys were used to sign the catalog, you would get the "trust failed" error.

Since you are still seeing updates being published, I think you might also have the Patch My PC Publisher set up. If you do have the Publisher installed and running, you very likely do not need to have Patch My PC configured in the "Third-Party Software Updates" section of the ConfigMgr console, and the error can be ignored/that connection can be removed.

MrRobot13

Hey Andrew!
Yes, we have the publisher installed and it's running fine.
I'll remove this as a listed catalog then.

Thank you!

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Motenaco37hf

I never got this error before even after I upgraded ConfigMgr 2111.