Author Topic: Enhancement Request: Ability to include custom source files for pre/post scripts to call  (Read 1050 times)

Offline quackpatch

• View Profile
Hi there,

We've started to deploy Java 8 updates in our environment and run into a pickle with custom files....

Our initial deployment includes copying config files into "C:\Windows\sun\Java\Deployment" eg deployment.config, exception.sites etc. however these are ripped out during the upgrade. Unless I'm missing something, I was thinking a "Copy custom source files..." option could exist within pre/post scripts which can be referenced by the scripts. I see there is an option to "Add MST transformation file" available to some applications, not for Java 8 unfortunately given its not an MSI installer.

We've obviously other tools at our disposal to do this, CI's, gpos etc but was hoping for a one-stop-shop solution.

Thanks!

Offline Justin Chalfant

• Patch My PC Support
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Patch My PC Support
So you are just looking to include multiple files rather than just a single script file?

Offline quackpatch

• View Profile
Both. A way to make external files available to the application and then use the script to process them.

Offline quackpatch

• View Profile
Happy to side-line this. We'll instead be using a gpo and pre/post scripts. The drawback of gpo being immediately post install it leaves the application unmanaged, at least until next gpo refresh which could be 90mins by default; not ideal when it concerns security. To combat that we'll trigger the Pre-Update script to copy the required local files to a temporary location and copy them back in Post-Update.