• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Updates Not Showing in SC or Installing

Started by Export_User, October 30, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Export_User

Recently installed WSUS onto our SCCM server, all the updates are showing up for Patch My PC and I can download them without any problems.

On my two test clients I've installed an old version of 7zip and Notepad++ 64bit. On the clients I can see the self-signed certificate and client settings have applied the changes to the local computer policy to allow signed updates. I'm using an ADR to deploy both updates to the machines and it's reporting back as downloaded and deployed.

I've forced the Software Deployment Scan on the machines but I still cannot see the updates in the Software Center Updates tab - any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Are the updates showing as required in the SCCM console?

Export_User

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on October 30, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
Are the updates showing as required in the SCCM console?

At first I simply set them to available to see if they would show up, but did not. So I then changed them to required and they're still not appearing in the Software Center.

What about the number of required machines?

Export_User

I have it deployed to a test collection of 2 machines, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, under All Software Updates it says Required = 0. But the test machines have 7zip 16.04 and Notepad++ 7.5.6 installed, so really they should be showing up as required?

Export_User

FYI - I also checked WUAHandler logs and found the below error, we have another WSUS setup on a different server that is currently handling our WU.

Is it possible to have both running at the same time? Or do I have to install SCCM on our existing WSUS server?

QuoteGroup policy settings were overwritten by a higher authority (Domain Controller) to: Server http://ourwsusserver:8530 and Policy ENABLED   WUAHandler   31/10/2018 14:49:52   18528 (0x4860)

No, if your GPO is setting to an old WSUS that isn't your SUP in SCCM you will not get any scan data this is why clients don't see updates.