• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Egress Outlook Add-in Uninstall

Started by ekraus, September 25, 2024, 08:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekraus

I'm working on testing the deployment of the Egress Outlook Add-in and found that, when uninstalling, it will prompt to close Outlook if it is running. This looks to be because the BYPASSOUTLOOKCHECK=1 property isn't being passed to the uninstall like it is for the install of the product. I could add a post-deployment script to get around this, sure, but is there a way to add this property as part of the uninstall string?

Dan Gough (Patch My PC)

We will review this and add it to the standard uninstall arguments if found to resolve the issue.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hello 
  Thanks for reaching out, have you tried to use our right-click option 'modify the command lines' you should be able to append that switch. If this is Intune you need to republish that application after adding that parameter. Give that a try

ekraus

The BYPASSOUTLOOKCHECK=1 is already a parameter being used by Patch My PC for the install. Wouldn't adding it in this way pass it twice on install? Additionally, I do have other properties defined in this way for SSO and I do not see those properties in the uninstall log.

Dan Gough (Patch My PC)

We are going to add this property to the uninstall command, it should be changed in today's catalog update.

You can also overcome this issue by allowing PatchMyPC to prompt the user to close Outlook instead by managing conflicting processes.