• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Zoom Update requirement script not working

Started by altu, May 27, 2024, 03:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altu

Hi,

We have the Zoom client available in the Comapany Portal for all.
And we have Zoom Updates configured in PMPC.
It worked fine in the past.

Now we have noticed that none of the Zoom v5 clients have been upgraded to Zoom v6.
Latest version is: "Update for Zoom Workplace 6.0.39959 (x64)"
There are two requirement scripts for these:
  • Script PowerShell requirement script for Zoom Workplace 6.0.39959 (x64)
  • Script PowerShell requirement script for Zoom Meetings 5.17.34827 (x64)

For instance, I have Zoom (64-bit) version 5.17.34827 installed on my device.
The Update app shows my device as Not applicable.

Looking at the C:\programdata\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log I see the following entries:
Quote05/27/2024 07:02:36~[Zoom Workplace (64-bit) {cd2bhj23-d2tte-41cd-9c3b-81bdffd5hj8fb} 6.0.39647]~[Found:False]~[Purpose:Detection]~[Context:PC-MyHostname$)]~[Hive:HKLM:\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\*]

05/27/2024 07:02:37~[Zoom (64-bit) 6.0.39647]~[Found:True]~[Purpose:Requirement]~[Context:PC-MyHostname$)]~[Hive:HKLM:\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\*]

05/27/2024 07:02:39~[Zoom*(*  5.17.34827]~[Found:False]~[Purpose:Requirement]~[Context:PC-MyHostname$)]~[Hive:HKLM:\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\*]

If I interpret these logs correctly, it found "Zoom (64-bit) 6.0.39647" on my device. Which does not exist on my device and never has.

See attached screenshots...

Zoom.png

Zoom2.png

Scott (Patch My PC)

Hi @Altu

Can I ask that you open a support case here, https://patchmypc.com/technical-support, so that we can exchange log files and other information securely.

Thanks
Scott

altu

I have created a support ticket. Thank you

putt9521

Let us know what the resolution is, we're having the same issue.

altu

Not yet fixed.
What I did try myself though is running the requirements scripts manually on my device.

When I run the requirement script, it returns "Applicable".
However, when I run the requirement script in System context (with PsExec), it does not return anything.
Might be one possible cause. That the requirement script is not returning what it should.

My Zoom client v5 was also installed with PatchMyPC, it's not like I ran a different installer for instance.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

We are investigating this issue, updates have been working in our testing, so we have been gathering logs and are trying to determine the cause for this issue.

altu

Quote from: putt9521 on May 27, 2024, 11:12:40 PMLet us know what the resolution is, we're having the same issue.

Hi,

The issue is that the Published created two requirement scripts for the Zoom Update application in Intune.
The reason for this is that Zoom has change it's name. So, the PmPC team change the title of Zoom and the publisher searches for requirement rules to move over based on title, so it copied the Zoom Meetings requirement rule assuming it was a custom requirement rule.

So, it basically copied over the old requirement script from version 5.17.xxx over to the new version 6.
So, the application has two requirements scripts.
One for version 6.xxx -> returns Applicable
One for version 5.xxx -> does not return applicable

And because requirement scripts in Intune do an AND operation and not an OR operation, unless both scripts meet the requirement the app will not be installed.

Long story short...
Solution is to remove the second requirement script of version 5.xxx
In my case, it was: PowerShell requirement script for Zoom Meetings 5.17.34827

People that started to deploy Zoom via PmPC or people that didn't have an older version packaged already by PmPC would not have been affected.

Hope this make sense to you.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Thanks for posting the fix @altu!

The other condition for this issue to occur is having the "Copy requirement rules" checkbox in the Patch My PC Intune Options checked. We're going to add a fix for this issue in a future release, however, it won't be backwards compatible, so the fix this time will be manual. Remove the Powershell applicability rule for the older version of Zoom Meetings.

AdamSnyder

altu

Quote from: AdamSnyder on June 13, 2024, 04:03:44 AMAny update on this issue?

Hi,

Yes, it is solved already.
See my post above for the fix.

You will have two requirement scripts in the Intune app.
Remove the script for version 5.x and only leave one.
In my case it was: PowerShell requirement script for Zoom Meetings 5.17.34827

This is a one time thing.
Future updates will then not have an issue.

Pesmaa

Hi, this might not be the right place, but maybe someone knows? After an update, Zoom keeps freezing on my PC with Windows 11. However, it works fine on my laptop with Windows 10.

putt9521

Quote from: Pesmaa on June 14, 2024, 11:10:29 AMHi, this might not be the right place, but maybe someone knows? After an update, Zoom keeps freezing on my PC with Windows 11. However, it works fine on my laptop with Windows 10.
Correct - not the right place.

@altu - Your suggestion fixed the issue for us - thanks!