• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Error in Custom app creation

Started by sweisenburger, March 20, 2024, 10:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweisenburger

I am constantly getting the "Please limit your input to use only ASCII characters." error when I copy and past from the vendors website.  I even try to paste to notepad first then re-copy and paste to the Custom app description.  I have to type out the descriptions manually for them to take, which in some cases takes longer than if I were to just use the Intune wrapper and copy paste manually to Intune.  Below is an example of one that gives the error.  I can see that the failed one has a hyphen instead of the dash, but I am hoping there is a way to allow that or autocorrect it to a dash.  Others that have failed I did not notice a hyphen dash issue.

The one that fails=
Guardian is a secure internet browser that connects test-takers to their ProctorU proctoring sessions across all service lines – Live+, Review+, and Record+.

The one I type manually=
Guardian is a secure internet browser that connects test-takers to their ProctorU proctoring sessions across all service lines - Live+, Review+, and Record+.

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Sweison,

Thank you for reaching out.

Appreciate your feedback and these both are critical additions.

We are discussing it internally for the best way to add special characters in the descriptions.

Regards,
Raunak

Ben Whitmore (Patch My PC)

Hi Shuan,

The team are adding support. I would encourage you to upvote the following idea to be notified when this change has been shipped. Thanks for your patience

https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ideas/PATCHMYPC-I-3899