• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PostPonedBinaries

Started by PaulKlerkx, May 02, 2024, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKlerkx

Hi, we have a bunch of these type of messages in our PatchMyPC.log.  (for various applications)

An error occurred while processing postponed application update. Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\PostponedBinaries\a95d0b1f-5b21-466d-a4fe-8abeef851538\InventoryExtensions.msi'. [D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\PostponedBinaries\a95d0b1f-5b21-466d-a4fe-8abeef851538]

I have verified, that MSI does not exist.  the norm for these appears to be that there will be two files "appinfo.xml" and "sdp.xml"

I did a search for all exe and msi files in these directory and got a total of 7 of the guid type directories out of 17 that have an installer of these types, the other 10 just have the two files. 

Do I need to do anything here or can the errors be ignored?

PaulKlerkx

not sure if it is related, but for some we get the type of thing shown in the screenshot - two apps with the same name and version and the deployment remains on the older iteration. 

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

That is interesting, it seems like there was an issue when trying to publish the postponed binaries that left you in this state. The best thing to do in this situation would be to delete the existing apps and their content and have Patch My PC recreate them on the next sync.

If you notice a really recent date on one of these apps, feel free to open a case with our support and send over the logs and we might be able to determine why creating the app failed.

PaulKlerkx

PaulKlerkx

Hi,

Short story,
This is just an FYI update in case anyone sees the same issue. 
Our inventory extensions v1.5.3 deployment was failing, and it appears to be because of the pmpc defined recommended pre-script entry.  After I ticked the checkbox for "Disable the patch my PC recommended pre-update script for this product, the installs started working again. 
https://patchmypc.com/scupcatalog/downloads/scripts/PatchMyPC-AdvancedInsightsFix14.ps1

More info
I sent the installer of v1.5.3 to 4 devices to test before going site wide and they all failed.  (Attached InventoryExtensions-MCMDeploymentFailure.jpg)

The msi log file says that it installed successfully
MSI (s) (54:20) [12:45:02:953]: Product: Inventory Extensions -- Installation completed successfully.
MSI (s) (54:20) [12:45:02:954]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Inventory Extensions. Product Version: 1.5.3.0. Product Language: 2057. Manufacturer: Patch My PC. Installation success or error status: 0.

The app doesn't appear in Apps and features.

there is a pre-updatescript configured in the PMPC publisher referring to V1.4,(attached "Pre-UpdateScript.jpg)

patchmypc-scriptRunner.log indicates a problem getting to the script
Can't find script: PatchMyPC-AdvancedInsightsFix14.ps1   ScriptRunner   12/09/2024 10:04:41 AM   1 (0x0001)
Aborting application installation process because the recommended prescript script has failed.   ScriptRunner   12/09/2024 10:04:41 AM   1 (0x0001)
Copying installation log to \\sccm01\logging\PatchMyPC\InstallationFailures...   ScriptRunner   12/09/2024 10:04:41 AM   1 (0x0001)
\\sccm01\logging\PatchMyPC\InstallationFailures\NB44730-InventoryExtensions.msi.log copied   ScriptRunner   12/09/2024 10:04:41 AM   1 (0x0001)
End of installation. Exit code is: 32768   ScriptRunner   12/09/2024 10:04:41 AM   1 (0x0001)

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. I'll work with the Advanced Insights team and see if they think that prescript is still required.