• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Bitdefender blocks PatchMyPc

Started by JD, January 21, 2013, 08:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

I have been testing patchmypc on different computers. When I have tried using it on computers that have either Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, or AV plus 2012, I get the message that you have to be connected to the internet, no internet connection detected. I have tried adding pmpc to the exclusions, turning auto scan settings off,  bitdefender firewall off, add www.patchmypc.net and .com to trusted zones. The only way I can get it to work is to uninstall Bitdefender, then it works no problem, so I know it's the bitdefender that's blocking it. When I googled this, I came across a post of yours in the bitdefender forums. It seemed they had addressed the issue at that time, but now it is back.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Everything looks fine there aren't any false detection's: https://www.virustotal.com/file/60a612ed322aab01a1a00bf8298836b85674f1282a7dd5e37d4423cccd51738c/analysis/1358826280/ I would contact the manufacturer to see why they are blocking the program from accessing the internet.

Quote from: JD on January 21, 2013, 08:28:09 PM
I have been testing patchmypc on different computers. When I have tried using it on computers that have either Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, or AV plus 2012, I get the message that you have to be connected to the internet, no internet connection detected. I have tried adding pmpc to the exclusions, turning auto scan settings off,  bitdefender firewall off, add www.patchmypc.net and .com to trusted zones. The only way I can get it to work is to uninstall Bitdefender, then it works no problem, so I know it's the bitdefender that's blocking it. When I googled this, I came across a post of yours in the bitdefender forums. It seemed they had addressed the issue at that time, but now it is back.

HMWMCT

I am noticing the same thing.

I am running BitdefenderFree v1.0.14.889

PMP runs, but the log window of installed applications is replicated x30-50 for each individual installation detected, and it won't do anything further.

Bitdefender is not visibly detecting it as a threat, but if you disable the realtime scanning, and autoscan features, PMP works 100% fine without issues.

Running from Win 7 SP1, all current updates as of 3-6-2013.

MarqX

Hi I ran in to this problem too.. and after some trouble shooting and couple of emails to Bitdefender support I found out that Bitdefenders antivirus on-access scanning is blocking patchmypc.exe... for now if I disable it patchmypc runs just fine. Lets see if Bitdefender can fix this...

dragon2611

Just Ran into this problem myself,

Have also raised it with Bitdefender support so lets see what they say, hopefully it's something they'll fix pretty quickly as don't really want to have to exclude PMPC or turn off the antivirus everytime I want to run PMPC.

dragon2611

Bitdefender support aren't being very useful thus far, they told me patchmypc.exe is clean... well yes I know that and asked for a screenshot of the detection  :o

I guess they didn't actually run the application and test it properly then,

Gone back to them with screenshots of the events window showing no detection, the error from PMPC with BD-ON and it working with the on access scanner disabled.

I suspect Bitdefender's scanner is locking a file PMPC is trying to read, or something.

Edit:

Spoke with live support, They said they're aware of the issue and working on it so I'm still hopeful they can pinpoint the cause of the problem and fix it.
Quite like BD as it seems to be quite light and tends to have a fairly decent detection rate (according to the last set of results I saw)

Running Antivirus plus 2013.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon! Personally, I use Microsoft Security Essentials completely free an seems to have less false positives.

djEthen

Hi,

After a week of troubleshootings with bitdefender i got this mail today
Detection was removed.

File patchmypc_exe declared CLEAN

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience.

So now you can enjoy this app with bitdefender

Regards,