• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Failed to read or write to the registry permission denied

Started by marcelo, October 16, 2015, 08:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcelo

Hello, to the last time you run it worked fine, but now a warning: "Fail to read or write to the registry permission denied". I tried running as administrator, disabling antivirus. I have Windows 10 Home x64, ESET Smart Security 8.0.319.1.

I saw others that the same thing happened, and could not be reproduced. I hope they can fix or figure out why the problem appears.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Is there no other security software installed?

Quote from: marcelo on October 16, 2015, 08:14:55 PM
Hello, to the last time you run it worked fine, but now a warning: "Fail to read or write to the registry permission denied". I tried running as administrator, disabling antivirus. I have Windows 10 Home x64, ESET Smart Security 8.0.319.1.

I saw others that the same thing happened, and could not be reproduced. I hope they can fix or figure out why the problem appears.

marcelo

Hello, first I apologize if I have an error but my English is not the best. I can fix it. The problem was that I had the certain folders such as "Documents", "Downloads", "images", eccetera, on another drive. Since the system is in a SSD and personal files on another HDD. For example, instead of "C: \ user \ xxx \ documents" I had "f: \ Documents" and that was modified from the location of system folders. These days had broken the hard disk "F" and I did not want to change it all over again until it reached warranty, leave those locations as well. After testing various options, such as changing permissions in the registry, and other options. It occurred to me that if I could not fault the location of folders, the problem itself. So I returned the location of these folders to the original location (C: \ user ...) and Voila, that was the problem. Even now that I have the hard disk again, and I replaced the location of folders on disk "F" the problem did not appear. Somehow having assigned folders (fundamentally documents) to a non-existent route, was the problem. Even I am testing I realized that the problem was also in the operation of other programs as Microsoft Word and Exel. You could not save the files, not let choose another location.

I hope this helps.
Thank you