• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Very slow performance and fluctuating memory issues PMPC (Enterprise Plus)

Started by LoneWolf, July 19, 2024, 02:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneWolf

We are running the MSP licensed EnterPrise Plus multi-tenant version of PatchMyPC, and I am beginning to onboard our clients (Intune). Running it on a Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC VM with 12GB of RAM.

As I have begun adding clients and their patches, the Publisher app has gotten slower and slower. At the moment, the PatchMyPC-Service is taking nearly 1.2GB of RAM running in the background, but when working with it, it has gone far higher. I just tried to do a repair install because the program has stopped showing its settings window and just run it in the background.  During that time, the service took 8-10GB of RAM. After running the repair, I tried opening it again, and the Settings app RAM in use just keeps rising and the program took several minutes to open (it is still in a (Not Responding) state and is going up and down in RAM usage from 6-10GB for the Settings app). I upped the memory in the VM to 16GB to give Windows room to breathe. Using the app however, especially when applying changes or switching between tenants or right-clicking in a tenant slows things to a crawl.

How much RAM should the application use, and what can I do to improve performance?

Casey (Patch My PC)

Hi there, can I ask how many tenants you have configured at the moment? And roughly how many applications have you selected?

You can also send us a log bundle from the 'Collect Logs' button in the general tab. Send the zip to [email protected], and feel free to cc [email protected].

If the zip is too large, you can also use our large]large file upload process.

LoneWolf