• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Need SUMo features

Started by Todd, October 26, 2023, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Hi All,

I am trying to find a replacement for SUMo with dies 2023-10-31.

These things I am missing in Patch My PC:

1) I need to differentiate between "critical" and "regular" updates

2) I need my drivers checked (Patch My PC misses a critical AMD video driver update)

3) I need to be able to ask for or somehow add applications to be checked.

Any sign these will be added to Patch My PC?

And not with the program, but the forum web site?

4) where is the Log Out button for the forum?

Many thanks,
-T

lmacri

Hi Todd:

I have the same issue now that SUMo has reach end-of-life, although my main concern is that Patch My PC does not check for available updates for ~ 30 of the portable apps I run from a removable USB stick (see my 03-Oct-2023 reply # 3 in my topic How to Check Portable Apps on Removable USB Stick for Available Updates?).  I've also attached a .txt list of 7 installed programs (Belarc Advisor, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Karen's Replicator, Macrium Reflect Free, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft OneDrive and Waves MaxxAudio) and 27 portable apps I use that were supported by SUMo but are not monitored for available updates by Patch My PC in my 09-Sep-2023 topic Request for Additional Software and Detection of Portable Apps (vs SUMo).

No one from Patch My PC has responded to my questions or comments so I have moved on and started testing other utilities.  To date the closest replacement I can find for SUMo is UCheck (although the developer is just starting to expand their list of portable apps supported by UCheck), and I hope to test a new utility call QuickInstaller (still in preview / beta) in the coming days.  All I need is a utility that checks for available updates for my installed and portable apps (I have never used SUMo or any other software updater utility to install updates for me) so neither of these SUMo alternatives may meet your own needs.

Note: To log out of this Patch My PC forum expand the toolbar button for your user profile (located in the top-left corner of each forum web page after you log in) and choose "Log Out".

Patch My PC Forum Log Out 02 Nov 2023.png
--------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v119.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.5.293-1.0.2181 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690 * SUMo Free Portable v5.17.10.542 * Patch My PC Portable v4.5.0.4 * UCheck Free Portable BETA v5.0.4.0

Todd

Hi Imacrim

The closest I could find that gives critical updates i:

VulnDetect:
    SecTeer Personal VulnDetect
       https://vulndetect.org/categories
       https://vulndetect.com/dl/secteerSetup.exe

I do not care for the interface and the forced scan schedule.  They also have a place to ask for additions, but I do not know if you just get ghosted.

-T

daverxrennerb8

Quote from: lmacri on November 02, 2023, 05:58:45 AMHi Todd:

I have the same issue now that SUMo has reach end-of-life, although my main concern is that Patch My PC does not check for available updates for ~ 30 of the portable apps I run from a removable USB stick (see my 03-Oct-2023 reply # 3 in my topic How to Check Portable Apps on Removable USB Stick for Available Updates?).  I've also attached a .txt list of 7 installed programs (Belarc Advisor, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Karen's Replicator, Macrium Reflect Free, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft OneDrive and Waves MaxxAudio) and 27 portable apps I use that were supported by SUMo but are not monitored for available updates by Patch My PC in my 09-Sep-2023 topic Request for Additional Software and Detection of Portable Apps (vs SUMo).

No one from Patch My PC has responded to my questions or comments so I have moved on and started testing other utilities.  To date the closest replacement I can find for SUMo is UCheck (although the developer is just starting to expand their list of portable apps supported by UCheck), and I hope to test a new utility call QuickInstaller (still in preview / beta) in the coming days.  All I need is a utility that checks for available updates for my installed and portable apps (I have never used SUMo or any other software updater utility to install updates for me) so neither of these SUMo alternatives may meet your own needs.

Note: To log out of this Patch My PC forum expand the toolbar button for your user profile (located in the top-left corner of each forum web page after you log in) and choose "Log Out".

Patch My PC Forum Log Out 02 Nov 2023.png
--------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v119.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.5.293-1.0.2181 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690 * SUMo Free Portable v5.17.10.542 * Patch My PC Portable v4.5.0.4 * UCheck Free Portable BETA v5.0.4.0

I totally understand your frustration with Patch My PC. It's essential to find a reliable updater for your portable apps. Hopefully, UCheck or QuickInstaller will prove to be the perfect replacement for your needs!

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Todd,

Apologies for the delayed response.

SUMO is not a part of your supported product list. You can review it here : https://patchmypc.com/supported-products

PatchMyPC monitors and tracks all the vendor's website of the product you've selected to deploy as an app or an update and make sure you are up to date with the latest software version.

We remove products from our supported products list for a few reasons. The primary reasons for products being removed from our catalog are:

The product is End-of-Life (EOL) by the vendor
Other compatibility issues related to silent install or versioning

https://patchmypc.com/how-products-are-handled-at-end-of-life-eol-or-become-incompatible

We are very transparent with the release history and day wise data : https://patchmypc.com/category/catalog-updates.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Raunak

lmacri

Quote from: Raunak Desai (Patch My PC) on January 29, 2024, 04:28:14 AM... SUMO is not a part of your supported product list. You can review it here : https://patchmypc.com/supported-products ...

Hi Raunauk Desai:

Thank you for the response, but I think you misunderstood Todd's original 26-Oct-2023 request <above>.  As ex-SUMo users, we are asking if features that were available in KCSoftwares' SUMo (Software Update Monitor) could be added to Patch My PC.  We are not asking to have SUMo (which reach EOL on 31-Oct-2023) to be added to Patch My PC's list of supported products.

Like Todd, I posted a similar request in my 09-Sep-2023 topic Request for Additional Software and Detection of Portable Apps (vs SUMo) about how I would like to see Patch My PC support a greater number of programs.  I attached a .txt file to that post that includes a list of 25 portable apps and 7 installed programs that used to be detected SUMo that are not supported by Patch My PC.

Ex-SUMo users following this thread should note that the developer of Adlice's UCheck software updater I mentioned in my 02-Nov-2023 post <above> has added new features in the past few months to detect available updates for "Community" programs (i.e., where the latest available version is determined from telemetry collected from the wider UCheck community like SUMo used to do) as well as Portable apps. See my 09-Jan-2024 review of UCheck in post # 2620424 of Software Updater or No Software Updater? That is the Question in the AskWoody forum to see if UCheck might suit your needs. The latest UCheck v5.2.2 still needs some tweaking (especially when it comes to false-positive detection of beta updates) but to date it's the closest replacement I've found for SUMo.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3930 * Firefox v122.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23110.3-1.1.23110.2 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.8.311-1.0.2249 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * 64-bit UCheck Free Portable v5.2.2.0 * QuickInstaller (Preview) v0.3.8787.28825