• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Issues downloading 3rd party updates - error code 0x80070643

Started by mivancic, August 12, 2020, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mivancic

Hi all,

We're a new customer to Patch My PC, and we've finally begun using it to stage our 3rd party updates. Unfortunately, we've run into a lot of issues with our alpha group, where certain updates (Splunk Universal Forwarder 8.0.5 is the main culprit) have failed nearly across the board. The error code, 0x80070643(-2147023293) is a generic MSI error code. I've been able to manually remediate a couple machines by simply stopping the application in question and re-running the update.

Any ideas what we could do to get the updates to install properly?

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

It might be that Splunk needs to be stopped in order to update. You can try selecting the option to close the Splunk application prior to installation if you are consistently seeing this behavior.

https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#close-apps

This article discusses the feature. You may have to republish your Splunk update after you make this change.

You also can ensure the verbose MSI logging is enabled for the application. Hopefully, the MSI logs can shed some light on what is going on as well.

mivancic

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)