• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Chrome Fresh Install

Started by jbriscoe, October 07, 2014, 01:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbriscoe

I would like to see if it is possible to get the full products added not only updates. For instance, I can patch Google Chrome but I do not have a good way to manage installing Google Chrome itself on machines. I think it would be a nice addition to be able to release the product with the latest update all at once instead of finding another way to get the product then come back for the updates. I am open to suggestions as well.

Thank you,
Josh

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi Josh,

The majority of our updates could be installed without a previous version of that product installed. We specifically create the installable logic to require a previous version of the product installed for the install to become applicable.

I doubt this is something that we will change since the catalog is designed to update existing versions of software. I would recommend looking into the application model in Configuration Manager for the initial installation and use our catalog to ensure it always is up to date.

Let me know if this makes sense or you have any other questions about this topic.

Thanks

jbriscoe

Thank you for the reply.

I had thought it would help make the 3rd party applications easier to update and maintain. The Previous Patch Management software had the full and update versions provided. Pushing applications like this as an update process can make the push and monitoring easier so you can monitor the whole process at once instead of multiple reports.

For instance if you wanted to push Adobe Reader XI and it be the latest you could release the Adobe XI and updated 1.1.0.7 along with it all in one click essentially.

I hope it makes sense, just an additional help from a management side of things.

Thank you,
Josh