• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Applications not licensed for commercial use

Started by Rich, October 16, 2019, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Hello,

I have been going through adding in additional applications to update with Patch My PC, and noticed that you had CCleaner and Malwarebytes listed. A while back our organization started removing CCleaner and Malwarebytes from our systems because someone realized they are not licensed for businesses. (We never deployed them, but users installed them on their own). We ending up buying their business versions, which have different installation files and their own update mechanism.

I was just curious why home licensed software would be listed in Patch My PC's SCCM database geared towards businesses.

Thanks,

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

These were requested by our customers at https://ideas.patchmypc.com/. We build our supported products based on customer feedback. Both of these products are used pretty widely in some businesses.

Quote from: Rich on October 16, 2019, 02:18:31 PM
Hello,

I have been going through adding in additional applications to update with Patch My PC, and noticed that you had CCleaner and Malwarebytes listed. A while back our organization started removing CCleaner and Malwarebytes from our systems because someone realized they are not licensed for businesses. (We never deployed them, but users installed them on their own). We ending up buying their business versions, which have different installation files and their own update mechanism.

I was just curious why home licensed software would be listed in Patch My PC's SCCM database geared towards businesses.

Thanks,