• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

The vendor of HWiNFO64 changed the app's name in the last update and it didn't even replace the older one, and left both installed! This is their problem! But this kind of detection issues will be fixed for good in the next major update of the home updater :) Disabling EA App will be fixed too.
CrystalDIskInfo works fine now I think with v9.4.2 ?
Quote from: BIG on August 28, 2024, 06:33:19 AMWhen I update succesfully CrystalDiskInfo to v9.4.0. PatchMyPC indicates that it must be updated again (to the same version that is already installed). Please fix it. Thanks.
It should be working now.
Awesome! :) 
Maybe you reached the limit of the restore points size?
That's an issue from the vendor unfortunately, in the next major update of Patch My PC this won't be a problem anymore :) It will only detect the latest version you have.
It's even worse as of today.

My Discord is version 1.0.9161 and PMP claims I have 1.0.9158 and now wants to install an old version 1.0.9159.

So not only does it not detect the installed version properly, it doesn't even know what the newest version of Discord is, and if it had its way, would install an old version!
I've been trying to find a good set of parameters to use for catching Chrome, Edge Chromium, and Firefox updates, but I have noticed that they never seem to be listed with severity "Critical" despite being declared a 0-day eventually. That might be the way updates are classified and do not change, perhaps? So far, I have looked at this criteria:
Severity is "Important"
Description contains "CVE-2024" (which works for Edge Chromium and Mozilla Firefox) and "High CVE-2024" (which works for Google Chrome).

I am mainly curious if there is anything which differentiates an update as 0-Day (which by my perspective should be upgraded to "Critical."

Any help would be appreciated.
SS

This is already a new feature in the new major Patch My PC which will release very soon! Hopefully in September!
Hello there!

I just wanted to let you know that the changes for this have been made in the catalog and the default option for this product in MCP is to "Skip" the install. We thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Let me know if you run into any issues or have further questions!
Currently if you run Patch My PC and perform all available updates, if an update for a different app subsequently becomes available, Patch My PC will not detect it until it is relaunched.
Can a "full" rescan option be added so a relaunch isn't necessary?
Thank you!
Hi Adam,

Thank you very much!