• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

⚠ Update Revision Not Possible: Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64)

Started by Robert Stein, March 27, 2024, 10:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Stein

Is anybody else seeing this message in Teams?

I have been republishing another update but not this one.

⚠ Update Revision Not Possible: Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64)
Report as of 3/27/2024 11:21:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) from XXXXXXXXX
Release Notes
Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64)
Severity
Moderate
Classification
Updates
Error
Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64) previously published without custom actions, republish update to receive newly added custom actions. See https://patchmypc.com/when-and-how-to-republish-third-party-updates for details on republishing updates.

Kyle (Patch My PC)

Hello,

The Rev1 of the Advanced Insights Inventory Extensions was supposed to include a prescript to fix the failure to uninstall the old version. I am wondering if that prescript wasn't added when the app was published in your environment for some reason. Can you please do the following:

1. Open the Patch My PC Publisher
2. Head to the "Updates Tab"
3. Right-click the "Advanced Insights Inventory Extensions" product, and select "Republish this product during the next sync cycle"
4. (Optional) Right-click the product again and choose the option to perform a "selective sync"

https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#SelectiveSync

5. Head over to the sync schedule tab and run a manual sync to republish the content
6. Verify that the republished software update content resolves the issue

Please let us know if the republishing resolves the issue and/or if you need more help running through the above steps.

Robert Stein

Looks good! This may have been a timing issue. I just upgraded AI from 1.0.26 to 2.1.1 on Friday and added the new Inventory Extensions to Updates and Apps. I had not deployed the previous MSI version of Inventory Extensions, just the package version. There really are no installs to update yet since my initial deployment is the same version.

✅ Update Published: Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64)
Report as of 3/27/2024 6:07:43 PM (Eastern Daylight Time) from XXXXXXXX
Release Notes
Inventory Extensions 1.4.0.0 Rev1 (MSI-x64)
Size
5.39 MB
Type
Full-Content
Severity
Moderate
Classification
Updates