• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

There is no downgrade at all in here, This is like a bonus feature from PMPC to let you know that you have multiple versions installed, Open Add/Remove Programs, you will see older updates are installed with the latest ones, if not, then there are some leftovers in the registry from these old updates.
I'm the network team :)

We don't have geo-blocking enabled.  It has worked before.

I'll try the local repository.
We have seen some customers geo-blocking different countries on the firewall. This is a common occurrence for this specific software. I'd check with your network team.
Depending on which mirror you hit https://www.videolan.org/videolan/mirrors.html, it may be blocked.

You could use the local content repository if you need to get it updated ASAP.
https://patchmypc.com/local-content-repository-for-licensed-applications-that-require-manual-download

Hope this helps.
Hi all,

We publish VLC Media Player to our users.  A new version came out and I'm seeing the following error in the publishing report:

VLC Media Player 3.0.21 (EXE-x64)

"A web error occurred while downloading the file: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server"

Is anyone else seeing this?
It is a supported product: XK72 Ltd -> Charles (x64)  :)

The app does install but during the installation it doesn't create an desktop icon or start menu item. And the firewall rules aren't set. So a user without admin rights cannot use the program (if they ever find it...)

I've mailed you the requested log files.
Please open a support case.
While the error message from your initial post is benign, if you no longer have any successful syncs, there is something else at play.

Please collect the PMPC Logs (General tab then press on Collect logs.
Please attach the logs to the support case.
Thanks for confirming but my last successful sync however was on the previous Sunday. No successful Sync this Sunday and Manual Sync's are not working. Should I open a support case?
Hey mpotase,

The error is benign and can be safely ignored.
This error only means that the connection to portal.patchmypc.com is not yet configured on the Cloud tab. This also means you are not using the new custom apps feature we released a few months ago.
MY PMPC is no longer syncing I'm seeing the following error message when I initiate a SYNC "Failed to verify connection to the cloud: [StatusCode: 405]". When I test Intune apps\updates all looks good.

Anyone have any insight into what could be causing this?

Thanks

NO, I do NOT have older versions of the programs.  LibreOffice is ALSO on the list to downgrade, as well as several others.  OH well, it was good while it lasted.