• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PostPonedBinaries

Started by PaulKlerkx, May 02, 2024, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKlerkx

Hi, we have a bunch of these type of messages in our PatchMyPC.log.  (for various applications)

An error occurred while processing postponed application update. Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\PostponedBinaries\a95d0b1f-5b21-466d-a4fe-8abeef851538\InventoryExtensions.msi'. [D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\PostponedBinaries\a95d0b1f-5b21-466d-a4fe-8abeef851538]

I have verified, that MSI does not exist.  the norm for these appears to be that there will be two files "appinfo.xml" and "sdp.xml"

I did a search for all exe and msi files in these directory and got a total of 7 of the guid type directories out of 17 that have an installer of these types, the other 10 just have the two files. 

Do I need to do anything here or can the errors be ignored?

PaulKlerkx

not sure if it is related, but for some we get the type of thing shown in the screenshot - two apps with the same name and version and the deployment remains on the older iteration. 

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

That is interesting, it seems like there was an issue when trying to publish the postponed binaries that left you in this state. The best thing to do in this situation would be to delete the existing apps and their content and have Patch My PC recreate them on the next sync.

If you notice a really recent date on one of these apps, feel free to open a case with our support and send over the logs and we might be able to determine why creating the app failed.

PaulKlerkx