• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Quote from: Dan Gough on May 08, 2024, 02:28:52 AMI have done some further testing around this - if the original source MSI (where it was installed from) and the cached MSI (from C:\Windows\Installer) are no longer available, then trying to uninstall it with just the filename will not work and you'll get a 1612 error.

I have just found a much simpler way, which is to add REINSTALLMODE=v to the command line when uninstalling. Any of these will recache the MSI:

msiexec /i app.msi /qn REINSTALLMODE=v
msiexec /fv app.msi /qn

Or you can also add it to the uninstall:

msiexec /x app.msi /qn REINSTALLMODE=v

If you are using PSADT, then you can run:

Execute-MSI -Action Install -Path 'app.msi' -SkipMSIAlreadyInstalledCheck -AddParameters 'REINSTALLMODE=v'
Execute-MSI -Action Repair -Path 'app.msi' -RepairFromSource $true
Execute-MSI -Action Uninstall -Path 'app.msi' -AddParameters 'REINSTALLMODE=v'
This worked brilliantly! Thanks a lot for your efforts, Dan!
Hi,

We have had this idea come up previously on our ideas page.

https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ideas/PATCHMYPC-I-396

Currently, you could create your own schedule using a scheduled task, or any scheduling mechanism, and use the feature that was linked in another comment to trigger the synchronization from the command line. Does that capability fill this request?

https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ideas/PATCHMYPC-I-413
As per above, we are wanting to check for updated and Sync to Intune fortnightly instead of the other options. Is there way of doing this or are we stuck with either weekly or monthly?
Hello,

The recommendation can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/basics.html#transform-mst-file-basics

• Once an MST is applied during an install, another MST can't be used later during an update (say, to change one setting).
  • During an update or repair, the installer references the MST file that the installation used when it was first installed.
  • The only way to use a different MST is to uninstall the product and then reinstall with a new MST file.
Quote from: henrybullock on May 12, 2024, 10:47:59 PMHello, I want to remove my catalog products inside SCCM SUP settings. How can I do this?
Please guide me. Thanks in advance!

Hi henrybullock,

What exactly do you want to remove and why? A screenshot might help illustrate accurately what it is you want to remove.
Quote from: Adam Cook (Patch My PC) on April 22, 2024, 01:56:07 AM
    Quote from: PaulKlerkx on April 21, 2024, 10:44:08 PMHi, I am going through the initial setup of our PMPC apps. 
    I need to install SoapUI using the answer file method as we need to put the tutorials in a custom location. 

Our current command line is "SoapUI-x64-5.7.0.exe -q -overwrite -varfile response.varfile" and the varfile contains the info instructing the tutorials to be redirected to another drive. 

question is, how do I configure PMPC to target that varfile. 

I'm guessing I drop it in a set / never changing network location and use the full path to it.  Is that how it is done or is there a different preferred method?  I have another app with a similar setup as well.  VSCode - requires this addition" /LOADINF="VSCode.inf"

Hello

Using the Patch My PC Publisher you can add your own arguments and include additional files within the packages. I'll show you how to do this below. Once you include the .varfile file as an additional file, you'll just need to reference the file relatively as it will be in the same directory as the .exe itself when it is stored server -side (and also in the cache folder when downloaded by the client, too.)

• Right-click on SoapUI in the Patch My PC Publisher
    • Choose Modify command line and enter: -overwrite -varfile response.varfile (note I have omitted the -q parameter as this is applied by default, in this window we're supplying additional custom parameters.)
    • Right-click on the product again and choose Add custom pre/post script
    • Within the Additional files section, browse out and choose your response.varfile and click OK
    • If this is for an Intune package, I recommend deleting the package in Intune and syncing the Patch My PC Publisher (via the Sync Schedule tab > Run Publishing Service Sync). For anything else (i.e. SCCM or WSUS), I recommend right-clicking on the product again, before synchronising, and select Republish during next sync schedule

Here are a couple of useful reference articles relevant to my suggestions:

I hope this helps![/list]

Thanks for helping me out as well, you made my day. If I want to know more, I will ask by starting my own thread.
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the quick reply, can you please provide a link to Adobe's recommendation?

Thank you
    Hello, I want to remove my catalog products inside SCCM SUP settings. How can I do this?
    Please guide me. Thanks in advance!
    Adobe specifically recommends not applying the MST file for updates. I have not seen the MST required for Adobe update deployments, only the initial installation.
    Hi,

Thanks, I can see 4.30 in the catalog now

thanks for the quick response!  :)