• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Verify/Trust packages

Started by cburton, May 31, 2018, 11:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cburton

The product appears promising and our team is interested in testing it in our environment. We are a local government agency which must maintain compliance baselines and validity of all products allowed in our environment. We have typical PCI and HIPPA requirements as well as DHS and CJIS types of compliance as well that we must meet.

How do customers handle trust by using this product? A customer must trust that PatchMyPC is obtaining applications files from a trusted source and that PatchMyPC's packaging process does not introduce any malicious content. Are there any certifications or guarantees that the packaged content is safe?

Charles Burton

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi Charles,

We do have a brief overview of our malware testing process on our FAQ page https://patchmypc.net/faq-scup-catalog. Would you be available for a quick call tomorrow or early next week to discuss this further?

We will have a blog post out in the coming weeks that gets very detailed about the entire process we use to create/test updates for malicious software and verify the integrity the catalog.

cburton

Hello Sir, i apologize for my delayed response as i have not been checking back this week. I figured I would receive an email of the thread update but i guess not.

Yes, let's schedule a demo for me and a few of my staff. Please email me to coordinate at your convenience. [email protected]