• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

multiple Patch My PC errors

Started by BugsBunny, April 03, 2024, 10:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BugsBunny

Suddenly started seeing multiple errors in the Patch My PC log file. First noticed it after receiving the daily report email a few days ago. All SCCM apps and updates are failing; some but not all Intune apps and updates are failing.

Only clue I have at the moment is that the server on which we host Patch My PC was transitioned from on-prem to Azure a few days ago, and this *possibly* aligns with when we began seeing the Patch My PC-related errors.

Errors I'm seeing in the log include:
1. An error occurred while publishing with timestamping, and timestamping is enforced: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147954402 [System.InvalidOperationException] HResult: -2146233079. Please see kb: https://patchmypc.com/timestamping-connection-failed
- This was the first error I spotted but doesn't appear to be the root cause of the issue. I temporarily disabled timestamping per the KB but that didn't resolve the issue.

2. An error occurred while getting the list of supported products [Status code: 404]: Not Found
Response:
 [PatchMyPC_Core.Cloud.Api.AppCat.ApiException] HResult: -2146233088

3. An error occurred while getting the list of vendors:
---> Failed to get the list of custom supported products [Status code: NotFound] [System.Exception] HResult: -2146233088

4. An error occurred while sending ConfigMgr Builds telemetry: The RPC server is unavailable.
 [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException] HResult: -2146233087

5. An error occurred while connecting to WSUS to gather telemetry: Unable to connect to the remote server

6. A connection to the Patch My PC cloud has not been created yet. Please create a connection first and try again.

7. Failed to verify connection to the cloud: [StatusCode: 404]

8. An error occurred while extracting the certificate from WSUS:  C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\PMP-c45ja3yy\eixflf02.tmp : The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

There are a few others, but the above examples seem to be the most frequent errors in the log.

Not sure where to begin troubleshooting. I've clicked on the couple "test" type buttons in the Patch My PC console and haven't encountered any errors, but beyond that, my troubleshooting experience with the product has been limited.

Thank you.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Based on the information provided. It sounds like there is an issue with the WSUS Code-Signing certificate on this machine.

An error occurred while extracting the certificate from WSUS:  C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\PMP-c45ja3yy\eixflf02.tmp : The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Is likely the cause of your failures.

Is WSUS installed and configured on this server? Can you open the WSUS Console?

We'll likely need logs to troubleshoot further, feel free to open a case with us here: Technical Support

BugsBunny

Thanks! Technical Support case has been opened.
I also verified that I'm able to open the WSUS console.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Perfect, the case was actually assigned to me :)

I'll continue via the support route and mark this as solved for now.

woodyard

Can you share the solution? I have similar errors, running "Intune only" config.

An error occurred while getting the list of supported products [Status code: 404]: Not Found
Response:
 [PatchMyPC_Core.Cloud.Api.AppCat.ApiException] HResult: -2146233088

An error occurred while getting the list of vendors:
---> Failed to get the list of custom supported products [Status code: NotFound] [System.Exception] HResult: -2146233088

An empty XML payload was retrieved from the cloud. If there are no applications published then this is expected.

woodyard

Oops nevermind, found out what is was :)