• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hi Torsten,

It works for updates too using a PMPC feature, but it requires some manual work.

You can right-click on the Citrix Workspace within the PMPC Publisher Updates tab, then choose the "Add custom pre/post scripts" right-click option.

You can then insert a Pre-Script (it can be a PowerShell or batch script for instance) and specify your files (these can be the installers for dependencies).
Your script should then check if the prerequisites are installed, and if not, install them.

We don't have such a script, so you will have to write it yourself.
This option requires manual work, as you will have to update the prerequisites installers whenever there is a new version.

Another workaround would be this:

1. Create a collection with devices that should get Citrix Workspace installed only.
2. Create a separate ADR and deploy Visual C++, Edge WebView Runtime and .Net updates to the collection from step 1.
Or you could use ConfigMgr Apps to deploy the software to that collection.
3. At a later time, run the ADR that deploys the Citrix Workspace Updates.

This way, the prerequisites from step #2 would install before the Citrix Workspace updates, so the prereqs will be met.
Hi Liviu,

thanks. That's working with the application creation. We use SCCM with PMPc Publishing Service.

Mainly I have the problem with "updates" part: here I do not have the possibility to make a dependency to other updates, right?

Thanks
Torsten.
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: Patch My PC won't run
Last post by tiondisabili6 - September 09, 2024, 10:32:25 PM
Do you have antivirus software? Go to settings and temporarily turn it off then try accessing again. Some antivirus software will block third party software.
We stopped supporting Microsoft products like: Edge, Teams, OneDrive and more, simply because they are bundled with Windows, they auto update themselves and most importantly they have multiple installers for multiple types! EXE, MSI, Business edition and Home Edition etc, And we were using just one type in Patch My PC, so if you are using another type, then Patch My PC corrupt the application for you or leave 2 editions installed! This happened in the past with OneDrive, so we decided to remove it and not add any Microsoft apps again (That are bundled with Windows) specially since they silently auto update themselves perfectly.
You are welcome :) 
QuoteI just switched the version number to 1.0 indefinitely! (But it will always download the latest)

Thank you, I appreciate that!
This issue has been like this for more than a year now! looks like the developers doesn't care about fixing it!
I just switched the version number to 1.0 indefinitely! (But it will always download the latest)
Please let me know if they fixed this one day and the latest version number started to show up in the Add/Remove Programs after each self-update.
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: PatchMyPC in French but so...
Last post by MrKoddy - September 07, 2024, 05:59:45 AM
I have to setup language in the the app after each update it is the only app which changes the language after updating. I have to manually update the app so it kepps my native language
In this case you can right click on Ubisoft Launcher in Patch My PC, and select "Disable Silent Installation for this app" (Second option) and reinstall it manually, once the installer starts, you will be able to choose the language first.
The vendor has been changing their policy and download locations frequently.

In the past, the link above has blocked specific headers that prevented our publisher from downloading it. We run everything under the SYSTEM context, so the request gets blocked. When you use your browser, different headers in the request allow it to pass through normally.

We are continuing to evaluate options for this specific application. Hopefully, we can soon transition it back to automatic download.