Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Same problem. If it helps the Devs, I installed TeraCopy 3.8.5 manually and not through Patch My PC.
Can Patch My PC Updater Automatically Update Software On A Schedule? Yes, Patch My PC Updater can be set to run on a schedule and update any outdated applications.
Some software downloads super slow, like Foxit reader. It would be of great help if PatchMyPC could use multiple URLs/ sources/ mirrors for downloading software.

• That said, I don't know if PatchMyPC already does this backend.

For instance, Foxit got two CDNs (according to https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/forum/portable-document-format-pdf-tools/foxit-reader/162003-foxit-reader-download-very-slow-so-slow-that-it-dies-other-downloads-work-fine, verified by me before writing this post):

• cdn01.foxitsoftware.com
  • cdn02.foxitsoftware.com

URLs (that I know of) for latest installer:

I don't know if PatchMyPC built in download logic/ mechanism would handle this, but "Free Download Manager" could do it so. It's possible. :)

Some software downloads super slow, like Foxit reader. It would be of great help if PatchMyPC could show following information in the GUI:

• Total download size
  • Progress
  • Current download speed

Then I'd at least know that something is happening, 15 minutes out of waiting for Foxit Reader to be downloaded on my 1000/1000mbps fiber connection. :)
Offer additional options for the application list:
1) hide applications that aren't installed
2) un-group applications (ie. show all installed apps in alphabetical order, possibly with the group name as an additional attribute after the version)
3) list installed but unsupported applications
Request New Features or Software (Free Home Updater) / Re: Please add Zoom
« Last post by korin on October 10, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »
+1
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: Portable Apps: Change Default Path?
« Last post by y0himba on October 10, 2021, 06:52:18 AM »
I'm glad I get to thank you here too  :D
Oh my God. Do you know how long this has driven me nuts? 

THANK YOU!
You can change the portable apps folder, see attached image.
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: Portable Apps: Change Default Path?
« Last post by StPendl on October 09, 2021, 11:18:31 PM »
See the attached image about how to change the path for the portable apps folder.

PMPC is still maintained, the last software update was a few months ago.
The software definitions are updated on workdays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10