• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Intune Apps vs Intune Updates

Started by BarryCuda, September 27, 2024, 02:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryCuda

I know there is an article on this and the question has been asked many times but I still need some clarification.
My understanding is that if I use Intune Apps and make the app required when a new version comes out it should upgrade it on its own without my intervention.

If someone installs the app on their own not from Intune and I want to make sure it is upgraded then I use Intune Updates and make it required for everyone.

What I don't understand is if I use Intune Apps and make the app available, once they choose to install it won't PatchmyPC keep it up to date without having to create an Intune Update policy to match.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Because the Intune App is available, when a new version comes out, that new version will be deployed as available. So the new version will still just be available. Intune Updates should only be deployed as required, so the Intune Update will determine if an older version of the app is installed and install it via the required assignment. The Intune App will just sit in Company Portal, as it is only an available assignment.