• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Update for Zoom Workplace 6.2.0

Started by skip1smnx, September 25, 2024, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip1smnx

I am seeing an issue with the newly released Update for Zoom Workplace 6.2.0 not properly targeting machines with Zoom currently installed. I think maybe because Zoom changed the name of the app from Zoom Meetings to Zoom Workplace? Maybe the filter criteria in PatchMyPC needs to be updated accordingly?

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hello There,

Thanks for reaching out!

The main issue we see with Zoom and updates not being applicable is due to the installed variant of Zoom being the User-based installer. We do support the user-based version of Zoom in our catalog which you can deploy as an update to patch those versions.

You can also deploy the update (install/required) and application (uninstall) for Zoom (User) to remove that version and replace it!

If you would like us to further troubleshoot this issue, then we'll need to take a look at the following log files:

When troubleshooting Intune application installation errors on a client, we will need multiple client logs. Please include the following logs:

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor*.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension*.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AppWorkload*.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

If there are any rolled over logs, please include those, too.

Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

We'll also need the registry export from this script to determine what variant of Zoom is installed on those clients:

https://github.com/PatchMyPCTeam/CustomerTroubleshooting/blob/Release/PowerShell/Export-PMPCInstalledSoftware.ps1

You can upload the logs to our sharepoint here: www.patchmypc.com/share

Or you can email [email protected] with those logs as well!

Thanks,

Spencer Cruz

skip1smnx

I think my issue was actually related to this topic where someone posted the fix: https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=7700.0

We removed the requirement for 5.x and I think its starting to work now.