• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Teams notifications from Publisher deprecated?

Started by JoeH, July 08, 2024, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeH

I just saw this message start popping up on every Teams notification that Publisher sends after sync runs.  Is PMPC planning to update to a new method for Teams notifications?

Action Required:
O365 connectors within Teams will be deprecated and notifications from this service will stop.
Learn more
about the timing and how the Workflows app provides a more flexible and secure experience. If you want to continue receiving these types of messages, you can use a workflow to post messages from a webhook request.
Set up workflow

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

We were just made aware of this through other channels as well. Webhooks are still supported, they just have to be routed through Power Automate instead. We'll update our documentation accordingly.

Steve Burggraaf

Has anyone been able to successfully configure Webhooks using Workflow? I added the new URL as an additional Webhook recipient in the PMPC Publisher and sent a test Webhook. I can see in Power Automate that the Webhook was received, but it wasn't able to process it.

lrodrigues

Hi, i get this workflow error:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed
The execution of template action 'Send_each_adaptive_card' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@triggerOutputs()?['body']?['attachments']' is of type 'Null'. The result must be a valid array.

Tom G.

Quote from: lrodrigues on July 11, 2024, 02:16:54 AMHi, i get this workflow error:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed
The execution of template action 'Send_each_adaptive_card' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@triggerOutputs()?['body']?['attachments']' is of type 'Null'. The result must be a valid array.

Same for me - tried some different types but sadly it seems that the data which are coming via the Webhook are not in a format which is working to forward as an adaptive card to a teams channel via Workflows.

ChrisC

We are seeing the same issue. We tried to replace the incoming webhook with a workflow as recommended by Microsoft and we the flow fails with the following error "The execution of template action 'Send_each_adaptive_card' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@triggerOutputs()?['body']?['attachments']' is of type 'Null'. The result must be a valid array."
This suggests that the format that is being used by PMPC to send the adaptive card does not match the requirements .

Can PMPC Support please provide an ETA on the fix?
We had to revert back to the old incoming webhook method for now. We also checked the documentation and it is not yet mentioning Workflows.

Thank you
Chris

Hello,

We've done some initial investigation on this. The Publisher currently uses MessageCard and not AdaptiveCard, so the built-in workflow templates will not work with the format of the message the Publisher is sending. We are currently determining the best course of action, but at the moment we will likely need to fix this in a future Publisher release.

JoeH

For those of you having issues with the new way of doing it, you're not alone.  There's 19 pages of complaints in the blog post  :) https://devblogs.microsoft.com/microsoft365dev/retirement-of-office-365-connectors-within-microsoft-teams/

sabrina

Quote from: JoeH on July 11, 2024, 10:13:01 AMFor those of you having issues with the new way of doing it, you're not alone. There's 19 pages of complaints in the blog post.
Well, this definitely made the support engineers a lot of trouble.

oak

Seeing the same here - switched back to email notifications sending to the Teams channel...looks rough (especially on dark mode) but gets the job done for now. Eagerly awaiting a fix for this and waiting for MS to provide better documentation...and enable use on private channels.

Steve Burggraaf

QuoteWe understand and appreciate the feedback that customers have shared with us regarding the timeline provided for the migration from Office 365 connectors. We have extended the retirement timeline through December 2025 to provide ample time to migrate to another solution such as Power Automate, an app within Microsoft Teams, or Microsoft Graph.

Translation: We really messed this one up. Please forgive us, but continue to update your Webhooks.

Glad we have more time! We're working on updating our documentation, and Publisher code to account for this change.