• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat DC Continuous (Pro) Update with transform file (MST) question

Started by GeoSimos, May 10, 2024, 09:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoSimos

Hello,

From time to time, Acrobat's auto update internal process is misbehaving and errors out.
In order to raise the compliance percentage, we are investigating the possibility to push updates through our PMPC service.
However, the initial installation of Acrobat Pro is happening via SCCM and the usage of an MST customization file.
The question here is, if we have to apply the MST file also when we update the product, does it make sense or it is not required from your experience PMPC engineers?

Thank you

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Adobe specifically recommends not applying the MST file for updates. I have not seen the MST required for Adobe update deployments, only the initial installation.

GeoSimos

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the quick reply, can you please provide a link to Adobe's recommendation?

Thank you

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

The recommendation can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/basics.html#transform-mst-file-basics

• Once an MST is applied during an install, another MST can't be used later during an update (say, to change one setting).
  • During an update or repair, the installer references the MST file that the installation used when it was first installed.
  • The only way to use a different MST is to uninstall the product and then reinstall with a new MST file.

GeoSimos

Quote from: Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC) on May 13, 2024, 11:57:34 AMHello,

The recommendation can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/basics.html#transform-mst-file-basics

• Once an MST is applied during an install, another MST can't be used later during an update (say, to change one setting).
  • During an update or repair, the installer references the MST file that the installation used when it was first installed.
  • The only way to use a different MST is to uninstall the product and then reinstall with a new MST file.

Perfect! Thank you a million Andrew!

DavidMiller