• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Java JRE Pre Uninstall Script Not Working

Started by [email protected], January 19, 2024, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

We have been having issues with the last two JRE versions (8.391 and the recently released 8.401). In the past we have had no issues with pushing this update to our environment. Now it seems that the PatchMyPC pre-script that uninstalls Java (PatchMyPC-Remove-JRE8-64bit-Only.ps1) is not working. The WUAHandler log shows successful. However the log for the removal script shows that it is failing and I am not sure why. The error code line from the uninstall of 8.391 is:

CustomAction isSameFamilyinstalledAndLocked returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out on the forum!

For this error we'll want to take a look at some of the client side log files! Can you please collection the following and email them over to [email protected] with a description of the issue and we can investigate further!

When troubleshooting update installation errors on a client, we will need the following client logs:

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DeltaDownload*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler*.log
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log
You need to run Get-WindowsUpdateLog on Windows 8.1 and newer in PowerShell.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

Can you also run the following script and send over the outputted CSV file:

https://github.com/PatchMyPCTeam/CustomerTroubleshooting/blob/Release/PowerShell/Export-PMPCInstalledSoftware.ps1

Thanks,

Spencer Cruz