• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Python 3.12 Install failures.

Started by trevorbuley, November 29, 2023, 09:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevorbuley

Has anyone seen the following (or similar) install failures for Python 3.11 (x64)?
App installation failed
29/11/2023 11:03:52 am
Error code: 0x80070659

The app was installing fine on a number of test devices, but is now failing on OOBE devices, both as forced install as well as optional. 
The Intune logs are very vague (as is the error code), just saying there is a configuration policy blocking it - however the policies are the same across all the devices.
One test device I had the install just work after a few reboots.

Ideas?

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Trevor,

Thank you for reaching out.

For a test: Could you try to recreate the application to see if you have the same result?

If you receive the same behavior, please share the logs from one of the affected machines.

When troubleshooting Intune application installation errors on a client, we will need multiple client logs. Please include the following logs:

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

Regards,
Raunak

trevorbuley

Here is an interesting solution that we found.

The app install was failing on Windows 11 Pro Education as this version of windows had a couple of default Code Integrity policies applied out of the box.  The Enterprise version did not.
An Intune Edition upgrade policy was applied for end users, as well as a supplemental WDAC policy allowing the specific Python Root cert.

Hugo Marinho (Patch My PC)

Hi there Trevor,

Nice to know you managed to fix your issue, have a great weekend ahead :)

Best,
Hugo